[Q] Slow wifi

Search This thread

Bazooka Tooth

May 21, 2014
Hey guys I just picked up the Z2 the other day and I'm loving it but I'm having an issue with the wifi, it's really slow. (about 2mbs when it should be about 30mb) However the issue goes every time I turn the wifi on the phone off and on again. I'm sure it's just the phone as well as I have other devices connected to the router which run at the correct speed and I've tried resetting the router as well as forgetting the network on the phone but still the problem persists, anyone else found this problem with their device and found a solution?

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Ive ran into the same issue with my Z2 and S

I found that after purchasing my xperia s i ran into this issue , after a few months it fixed its self

This could be because the device needs a run in or the firmware

Id recomend waiting a tiny bit to see if updates will fix this issue

Im waiting for my actual Z2 to come so i can conform this, for now im stuck with a dev device between me and someone else

Id also recomend googling about this as many people have this issue and it seems to be a firmware issue over a device or hardware issue

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Bazooka Tooth

May 21, 2014
Ive ran into the same issue with my Z2 and S

I found that after purchasing my xperia s i ran into this issue , after a few months it fixed its self

This could be because the device needs a run in or the firmware

Id recomend waiting a tiny bit to see if updates will fix this issue

Im waiting for my actual Z2 to come so i can conform this, for now im stuck with a dev device between me and someone else

Id also recomend googling about this as many people have this issue and it seems to be a firmware issue over a device or hardware issue

Thanks for help but I managed to fix the issue after alot of trial and error with a factory reset of the phone, hope this helps

Bazooka Tooth

May 21, 2014
Can't you give me instructions please how you did it? Thanks

I just went to settings-backup and reset-factory data reset, I'm not sure I can recommend this method any more though as I've noticed my wifi speeds have dropped again today and yesterday. I'll keep a close eye on the issue though