Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,115 Members 52,035 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Disastrous experience with Gear 2 paired to a non-Samsung phone?

Tip us?
 
mpogr
Old
#21  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Posts: 169
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibs View Post
Hmm I thought your "solution" was a different custom ROM? Even if I sync an account with few (10) contacts it's the same issue for me...
dlog_system only shows Power Manager messages all day e.g.
06-04 13:05:36.359 303 303 I POWER_MANAGER: core.c: default_trans(1381) > S_LCDOFF -> S_SLEEP : check fail
It's probably a different issue then. Mine and many other's battery drain was related to excessive contact sync happening over and over again... It's easy to check though, just kill goproviders process on the phone and see if this improves your battery life.
BTW, did you experience the high drain when you were on the stock (non-rooted) Gear 2 ROM?
 
fibs
Old
#22  
Member
Thanks Meter 44
Posts: 48
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Hamburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpogr View Post
It's probably a different issue then. Mine and many other's battery drain was related to excessive contact sync happening over and over again... It's easy to check though, just kill goproviders process on the phone and see if this improves your battery life.
BTW, did you experience the high drain when you were on the stock (non-rooted) Gear 2 ROM?
Yes, it was few days ago with stock gear2 DD ROM. I think i will falsh Android Revolution HD and try again. On CM-11 even saproviders chrashes sometimes.. Maybe it's ROM related. Some poeple even complain it's not working properly using Samsung devices with custom ROM.
 
mpogr
Old
#23  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Posts: 169
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibs View Post
Yes, it was few days ago with stock gear2 DD ROM. I think i will falsh Android Revolution HD and try again. On CM-11 even saproviders chrashes sometimes.. Maybe it's ROM related. Some poeple even complain it's not working properly using Samsung devices with custom ROM.
Have a look at your Gear 2 /var/log/dlog_main file. It usually contains pretty useful clues as to who's wasting Gear battery. Mine was full with contact sync related messages, that's how I determined the root cause and created a solution for it that was drastically reducing the frequency of contact syncs.
 
fibs
Old
#24  
Member
Thanks Meter 44
Posts: 48
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Hamburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpogr View Post
Have a look at your Gear 2 /var/log/dlog_main file. It usually contains pretty useful clues as to who's wasting Gear battery. Mine was full with contact sync related messages, that's how I determined the root cause and created a solution for it that was drastically reducing the frequency of contact syncs.
I will check again after flashing AHDR
btw.. dlog_system also contains Informational messages. dlog_main "only" warnings.

sh-3.2# cat dlog_logger.conf
dlogutil -b system -r 5120 -n 1 -f /var/log/dlog_system -v threadtime *:I
dlogutil -b main -r 3072 -n 1 -f /var/log/dlog_main -v threadtime *:W
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes