Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,261 Members 37,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help!!! AT&T I527 Mega tethering

Tip us?

jjchger70
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help!!! AT&T I527 Mega tethering

Got an upgrade to Galaxy Mega today, Grandfathered in on true unlimited att ISP. Had the tethering package to go with it at $15 per month, however when i upgraded they said the tethering is no longer available for this internet package. now i cant tether my equipment. As an Over the road truck driver that cuts most entertainment. Please help.

dparrothead1
Old
Thanks Meter 1,436
If you are stock, go into the app drawer. There should be an app titled Mobile Hotspot. Open that and follow the directions. Of course, it will go against your data.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sent from my rooted i527.

jzsidebott
Old
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjchger70 View Post
Got an upgrade to Galaxy Mega today, Grandfathered in on true unlimited att ISP. Had the tethering package to go with it at $15 per month, however when i upgraded they said the tethering is no longer available for this internet package. now i cant tether my equipment. As an Over the road truck driver that cuts most entertainment. Please help.
you could also try adding the isp.cingular as an APN i your settings and see if that bypasses the tether check. The new tethering APN is Broadband, but some phones can still use the isp.cingular apn.