Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Help!!! AT&T I527 Mega tethering

OP jjchger70

2nd June 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Got an upgrade to Galaxy Mega today, Grandfathered in on true unlimited att ISP. Had the tethering package to go with it at $15 per month, however when i upgraded they said the tethering is no longer available for this internet package. now i cant tether my equipment. As an Over the road truck driver that cuts most entertainment. Please help.
3rd June 2014, 01:12 AM   |  #2  
Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,466

2,244 posts
More
If you are stock, go into the app drawer. There should be an app titled Mobile Hotspot. Open that and follow the directions. Of course, it will go against your data.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th June 2014, 01:46 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 22

118 posts
Donate to Me
More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjchger70

Got an upgrade to Galaxy Mega today, Grandfathered in on true unlimited att ISP. Had the tethering package to go with it at $15 per month, however when i upgraded they said the tethering is no longer available for this internet package. now i cant tether my equipment. As an Over the road truck driver that cuts most entertainment. Please help.

you could also try adding the isp.cingular as an APN i your settings and see if that bypasses the tether check. The new tethering APN is Broadband, but some phones can still use the isp.cingular apn.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread