[Q] Recoloring elements of contacts

OP m0eb1us

4th June 2014, 01:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hey everyone,
First of all sorry if I posted in the wrong section, I'm very much new here, trying to find my way around the forums.

Now, for my question: I'm using an old but trusty Galaxy Ace with Nebulosity ROM, Nova Launcher and the Gummy Liberty Gold theme. Pretty much everything in my phone is colored yellow or black, except those pesky little blue triangles in the bottom right corner of the contacts icons. (See the attached picture and you'll know what I'm talking about.) It really keeps bugging me as everything else is pretty much unified color-wise. Now, the problem is that I don't really know where the system gets the resources for that particular item. I suspect I could switch the launcher's color theme, but it causes a crash on the current ROM I'm using and forces me to reinstall the launcher. Is there any way to recolor that particular element? How can I find and modify it without having to change the launcher's color theme (if it's even possible at all)? Something I have tried (bear in mind that I have very little programming background, I'm pretty much picking up everything as I go) was decompiling the Liberty Gold theme in hope of finding a little blue triangle somewhere along the assets so that I can recolor it, but alas, nothing like that - this is why I'm suspecting that that element might be part of the system itself instead of the theme.

These might all be stupid questions, as I said, I don't know half as much about these things as I should, but I would really appreciate if someone could elucidate me on the destination of that particular element (or just it's color source) so that I could recolor (either in photoshop or by replacing the color code) it and make the whole UI have the same color scheme. It's not too too big of a problem and I do not want to waste anyone's time, but if there's someone out there who happens to know the answer, please write, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-04-13-33-50.png
Views:	7
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	2780089  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread