[Q][HELP] Steps to properly flash a ROM coming from stock?

OP Bert98

3rd June 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sant'Urbano (PD)
Thanks Meter: 201

752 posts
More
Hi all, community
First of all, I've got a 2-years experience with flashing Android ROMs, so I know how to flash a recovery, how to use fastboot and all that stuff.
I wanna try CrDroid ROM but I don't know if I have to wipe the SD partition too, and if I should backup my music, photos, videos and WhatsApp files, because I didn't understand well the f2fs - ext4 thing 😅
My question is, coming from stock KitKat (XT1032, 8Gb, single Sim) what do I have to do before actually flashing the ROM?
Thanks a lot to everyone who's willing to help me

Inviato dal mio Moto G utilizzando Tapatalk
Last edited by Bert98; 3rd June 2014 at 05:19 PM.
4th June 2014, 01:26 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sant'Urbano (PD)
Thanks Meter: 201

752 posts
More
BUMP

4th June 2014, 01:47 PM   |  #3  
Flag halifax
Thanks Meter: 27

207 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert98

BUMP

in my experience with the excat same model as your, i couldnt installl any custom rom till i downgraded to 4.3 then i could flash what i needed. for the backup problem exernal storage is your answer, for instance i have a micro usb flash drive 16 gb storage that i have a 4.4.2 and a 4.3 stock rom backup on as well as a few titanium backups of apps i donwt want to keep having to redownload.

you can flash a rom without formatingg sd card partion ( idid it when i flashed the xperience rom, i couldnt get su to work after that and i thought it was bnecause i didnt wipe data but it was really a known bug,with a simple zip fix, point is shi...t happens so clean wipe)
but the rom may be buggy we should always try to flash roms as clean as a wipe as we can to not bogg down the developers thread with uneeded problems stemming from that one omssion.
The Following User Says Thank You to chairsz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread