DEFECT: Otterbox 360 Clearly Protected for HTC One M8

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By liquidjs, Junior Member on 19th April 2014, 03:39 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I purchased this product when upgrading to the M8 as the Sprint rep was kind of enough to waive off the activation fee if I purchased an accessory. After the application of the rear case protection screen I noticed there wasn't a cutout for the microphone above the LED Flashes. You can see in the picture attached. I know I didn't do a good job applying it, but it wasn't important to me as I already purchased another slim case to go over the phone. The rear screen protector is just another layer of protection between case and phone.

Since I felt this is a manufacturer defect I contacted Otterbox for a replacement. However, the product is not sold by them directly therefore there wasn't anything they could do and informed me to contact Sprint. Sprint Chat recommended I'd go to a Corporate store to either get a replacement or a full refund.

Hopefully that goes well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0851.jpg
Views:	756
Size:	248.6 KB
ID:	2695159  
19th April 2014, 04:25 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3
Hope it works out for you, but I doubt they'll help you out. I switched from sprint a while back because I had a lot of bad experienced with their customer support. So I switched to Verizon, which is more $ but they have been great at remeding any issue I have.

For instance when buying the m8 I wanted to do the buy one get one free but didn't realize I had to buy them both in one transaction. But luckily even though I purchased the m8's a week apart Verizon still credited back the $199.99 to me

Hope Sprint helps you out. I haven't used the otterbox back shields, do they work well?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
24th April 2014, 07:05 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 19
Donate to Me
If u take a staple can u just puncture a hole into the skin where the miC goes

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockliveson123 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th June 2014, 03:38 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0
I bought the Clearly Protected 360 from a Sprint store and it also had the defect covering the mic on the back. I contacted Otterbox and they are going to replace it under warranty.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread