Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,557 Members 46,270 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Re-group for finding a way to root?

Tip us?

GnatGoSplat
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Problem is, if you want a small Android with decent specs, and I don't mean just one with a smaller screen, but also with a smaller body/bezels, Motorola's pretty much the only game in town.

For $47 shipped, I picked up what I HOPE is a BL unlocked RAZR M. In my free time, I waded through hundreds of eBay auctions till I found an M with a screenshot of something other than stock ROM and found one with CM on it.
The Following User Says Thank You to GnatGoSplat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Strife89
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
Problem is, if you want a small Android with decent specs, and I don't mean just one with a smaller screen, but also with a smaller body/bezels, Motorola's pretty much the only game in town.

For $47 shipped, I picked up what I HOPE is a BL unlocked RAZR M. In my free time, I waded through hundreds of eBay auctions till I found an M with a screenshot of something other than stock ROM and found one with CM on it.
Nice find! Razr Ms are still going for no less than $100 on Swappa, so hopefully you got a sweet deal.

I only wish I was so lucky. :/

GnatGoSplat
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strife89 View Post
Nice find! Razr Ms are still going for no less than $100 on Swappa, so hopefully you got a sweet deal.

I only wish I was so lucky. :/
Normally they don't go that cheap. Part of the reason might be because it has a cracked camera lens, but I bought a new one for $8.95. Possibly people also get scared off when they see a non-stock ROM because they want something that hasn't been tampered with. It's not the first time I've seen an M with CM on it that went for lower than average.

Hopefully the phone turns out to be BL unlocked and not safe-strapped. Seller said he was 99% sure it was BL unlocked. If not, no biggie, I should at least be able to get my money back if I resell it.

I might still keep looking because the phone I bought was white and I really prefer black.