Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,045 Members 38,420 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Restoring to Stock

Tip us?

DizDroid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Default Restoring to Stock

I rooted using firewater,is there anyway to restore phone for warranty swap with HTC?

I'm dealing with the horrible camera lens issue that seems to becoming more and more popular. I'm super pissed that my camera is basically unusable after a month.

/rant
GO CARDS! #L1C4

dottat
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 990

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDroid View Post
I rooted using firewater,is there anyway to restore phone for warranty swap with HTC?

I'm dealing with the horrible camera lens issue that seems to becoming more and more popular. I'm super pissed that my camera is basically unusable after a month.

/rant
Did you try removing the rest of the plastic coating like some of the regular onem8 users have suggested? There were a bunch of posts over there that said you could remove the rest of the flaking layer with a little work and that it was smooth surface underneath.

kc6wke
Old
Thanks Meter 356

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDroid View Post

/rant
If you do end up having to send it back for warranty, here is how I restored mine
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=18