31st May 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Howell, NJ
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
(Incase xda won't show the picture)

SIM card removed
Unable to detect your SIM card. Your device will restart to check for your SIM card
Restart (button)

Anyone else get this error? I can't do ANYTHING when this pops up. Can't pull down my status bar, no where to dismiss the message, can't bring up the app switcher, nothing. Only things i can do is hit the sleep button to turn off the screen or hit restart.

A few months ago, i'd get it maybe once a week. Then it got progressively worse to once a day, a few times a day, then eventually it would pop up 15-20 times a day, making my phone essentially useless. Went to an at&t store, and got a new SIM card, hoping that was the problem. That solved the problem for about a week, and it started getting progressively worse again. I'm now getting this error message about once or twice a day again.

I cracked my screen (not huge, just 2 long cracks) a few weeks after getting the phone back in august, so i'd have to replace the screen ($150 locally) before sending my phone into samsung, so i was hoping there was maybe a more simple fix and the SIM reader wasn't physically bad :-\

At&t Samsung Galaxy S4 32gb stock ROM, fully updated firmware, non rooted (can't figure out how)
2nd June 2014, 01:57 AM   |  #2  
Flag Naperville
Thanks Meter: 24

434 posts
Donate to Me
More
The sim card issues Is a know issue. I would have samsung fix the screen and the sim card error.

They should fix the sim card issue under warranty but if you try to do the screen your self they may chard for the repair. Most likely like mine it was the main system board that needed to be replaced.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
2nd June 2014, 02:28 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Howell, NJ
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamelin73

The sim card issues Is a know issue. I would have samsung fix the screen and the sim card error.

They should fix the sim card issue under warranty but if you try to do the screen your self they may chard for the repair. Most likely like mine it was the main system board that needed to be replaced.

I had my main system board go bad on my s3, and they told me if the screen is cracked, the warranty is automatically void. So i had the glass repaired locally ($130) and then shipped it out to samsung to get looked at. Unfortunatly they completely whiped the entire phone (internal memory) to replace the board, obviously. I'm really hoping they wouldn't have to do that with this phone, since it's just a piece on the board and not the board itself.

Are there any threads that talk about this issue? I'd like to do more research before spending the money to have it repaired
2nd June 2014, 04:28 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 418

1,731 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie_Madrox

I had my main system board go bad on my s3, and they told me if the screen is cracked, the warranty is automatically void. So i had the glass repaired locally ($130) and then shipped it out to samsung to get looked at. Unfortunatly they completely whiped the entire phone (internal memory) to replace the board, obviously. I'm really hoping they wouldn't have to do that with this phone, since it's just a piece on the board and not the board itself.

Are there any threads that talk about this issue? I'd like to do more research before spending the money to have it repaired

Why not just buy a Sim tray for 10$ and replace it yourself??
4th June 2014, 01:06 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sanger
Thanks Meter: 3,479

5,932 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ

Why not just buy a Sim tray for 10$ and replace it yourself??

because that doesn't fix it nor does a new sim card it's a known Samsung problem and one I've been battling for months I believe it's a software problem that Samsung is aware of. Here's the other thread.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2375982

"No soup for you! Come back one year!!"
Sent from my VisionX ATT SGH-I337 rocking CCC

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie_Madrox

Here's the other thread and I've been fighting this bug for months and so far there's no easy fix I've tried them all
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2375982

"No soup for you! Come back one year!!"
Sent from my VisionX ATT SGH-I337 rocking CCC
4th June 2014, 03:49 PM   |  #6  
Flag Naperville
Thanks Meter: 24

434 posts
Donate to Me
More
You can also search for my username here and on android central. I was part of a few threads about this.

I also have a couple threads on AT&T support forums too.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread