Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,660 Members 54,296 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

One M8-M: GPE gets 4.4.3 Kernel Source?

Tip us?

djnikko
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Sign One M8-M: GPE gets 4.4.3 Kernel Source?

This could mean, if any DEV's are up 4 a greater challenge is a 4.4.3 GPE ROM Port to the One Max ? Verizon at best will take maybe 1 year or so to send 1million $ to create bloat, s we can spend time taking it off.

HTC One M8, M7, and other Google Play editions receive Android 4.4.3 as HTC posts kernel source

"By now you know Android 4.4.3 is rolling out to a variety of “stock” Android devices. We already told you about the update hitting Motorola devices (X, G, and E) and have received reports of the update arriving for the both the Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Play edition, and HTC One (M7).

Without wasting any time, HTC is now posting the kernel source for, not only the HTC One (M7), but the HTC One M8 as well. This means the M8 should be joining the party any minute now (along with other GPe devices). You can find links to the source code via the link below."

nrage23
Old
Thanks Meter 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnikko View Post
This could mean, if any DEV's are up 4 a greater challenge is a 4.4.3 GPE ROM Port to the One Max ? Verizon at best will take maybe 1 year or so to send 1million $ to create bloat, s we can spend time taking it off.

HTC One M8, M7, and other Google Play editions receive Android 4.4.3 as HTC posts kernel source

"By now you know Android 4.4.3 is rolling out to a variety of “stock” Android devices. We already told you about the update hitting Motorola devices (X, G, and E) and have received reports of the update arriving for the both the Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Play edition, and HTC One (M7).

Without wasting any time, HTC is now posting the kernel source for, not only the HTC One (M7), but the HTC One M8 as well. This means the M8 should be joining the party any minute now (along with other GPe devices). You can find links to the source code via the link below."
I have a One Max and the One M8 both on Verizon. In the M8 forums they cannot get the GPE roms to work properly on the non-GPE M8's so I doubt it will be attempted for the Max. It would be easier to port the M7 GPE 4.4.3 to the Max since the hardware is almost the same.
Phone:

HTC One M8 (Verizon)
HTC One Max (Verizon)

Tablet:

Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2

Nvidia Shield

Retired Phones: HTC One M7, Lg G2, Droid DNA, HTC Rezound, Droid Bionic, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Evo 4g
Retired Tablets: Archos 5, Huwaei S7, Viewsonic G Tab, Acer A500, Asus Eee Pad Transformer, Galaxy 7 Plus, Nexus 10, Nexus 7 2013., Note 8.0, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Note 10.1 2014

Flyhalf205
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5777

DONATE TO ME
I've had a GPE rom booted on the max now for some months. Never have been able to get WiFi or Bluetooth to work for me. Audio calls works fine.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk
HTC Thunderbolt > HTC Incredible > HTC Incredible 2 > HTC Rezound > HTC DNA > HTC One > HTC One Max
TO MY PHONE FUND!!!
My GitHub: https://github.com/Flyhalf205?tab=repositories
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flyhalf205 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]