Watch This Now!

HTC Photo Frame Widget

161 posts
Thanks Meter: 49
By tommy_riley, Senior Member on 3rd May 2014, 09:17 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
On my previous HTC EVO 4G LTE, I had a nice HTC Photo Frame widget. I understand it might be locked in with the Sense UI as it's an HTC widget, but I was surprised to see it not included on the HTC One M8.

I've tried a few widgets from the play store, but none are as elegant, simplified, and fully functional as the HTC version.

Is there a way to extract this widget from the older HTC phones and use it on the M8? I still have access to my evo for a few more days before I send it back to sprint (good riddance), so if there is something for me to try to get it from the evo, i'm down.
Last edited by tommy_riley; 7th May 2014 at 01:38 AM.
7th May 2014, 03:20 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6
Bump for this. I'm really curious as to why HTC would remove these Photo Gallery widgets from the M8
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lordodrag86 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th June 2014, 04:34 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 21
Another bump for this....I copied the old sense 5 apk to system/app and set permissions to rwrr then rebooted.
The widget appeared and would let me try to assign it to a home screen, but as soon as I did, I got a error msg saying widget stopped working.
So it can be installed but crashes out....maybe you need to be deodexed?
I would love to see someone port this so that it did work though...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread