The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

bad all around lag after 4.4.2 update

OP aflansburg

15th May 2014, 01:20 AM   |  #1  
aflansburg's Avatar
OP Member
Flag USAville
Thanks Meter: 2
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
After taking 4.4.2 update last night phone has massive lag. All apps are affected. Have done factory reset, cleared cache, Uninstalled and disabled various things. No luck. Anybody else experiencing. Phone is not rooted.
15th May 2014, 03:21 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
189 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
I would factory reset everything. Start fresh without apps . I've noticed on 4.4.2 leak nc2 I had some lag if I froze some of the Verizon apps unfreeze them and had no issues after. Hope that helps only thing I turned off was caller ID but I'm rooted so factory reset is easier for me

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
15th May 2014, 04:15 AM   |  #3  
aflansburg's Avatar
OP Member
Flag USAville
Thanks Meter: 2
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manatti

I would factory reset everything. Start fresh without apps . I've noticed on 4.4.2 leak nc2 I had some lag if I froze some of the Verizon apps unfreeze them and had no issues after. Hope that helps only thing I turned off was caller ID but I'm rooted so factory reset is easier for m

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app

Tried it. I had a brief few minutes lag free but then it came back.
15th May 2014, 08:29 AM   |  #4  
mutelight's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 56
 
410 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aflansburg

After taking 4.4.2 update last night phone has massive lag. All apps are affected. Have done factory reset, cleared cache, Uninstalled and disabled various things. No luck. Anybody else experiencing. Phone is not rooted.

Is this happening before all your apps restored, if you are restoring them? Or are they in the process of downloading and installing?
15th May 2014, 03:01 PM   |  #5  
aflansburg's Avatar
OP Member
Flag USAville
Thanks Meter: 2
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutelight

Is this happening before all your apps restored, if you are restoring them? Or are they in the process of downloading and installing?

Thanks for the reply. After the update it ran its little app optimization process and then begin installing various updates. I assumed lag was normal then, but after several hours was still getting the lag. Last night the lag decreased before I went to sleep, but this morning it is back. I have developer mode active and I have the CPU process overlay and the one item I see spiking with high CPU usage is the the kernel process kworker. Did I get a bad dose of kernel?
15th May 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #6  
mutelight's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 56
 
410 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aflansburg

Thanks for the reply. After the update it ran its little app optimization process and then begin installing various updates. I assumed lag was normal then, but after several hours was still getting the lag. Last night the lag decreased before I went to sleep, but this morning it is back. I have developer mode active and I have the CPU process overlay and the one item I see spiking with high CPU usage is the the kernel process kworker. Did I get a bad dose of kernel?

This is a thread that may have helpful information: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/6675cef7e3?page=4

The only thing I can think of is, if you want to try it, run a factory reset, do not restore any apps and see if things settle. It could be an app that is causing a conflict.
15th May 2014, 05:32 PM   |  #7  
armeN0317's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
142 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
I know this may sound silly but take out your battery for about 30 seconds. I have this problem occasionally and when it occurs my phone is extremely hot. I have to shutdown... pull battery... and all is good until it happens again. Happens to me at least once a day.
17th May 2014, 07:11 AM   |  #8  
aflansburg's Avatar
OP Member
Flag USAville
Thanks Meter: 2
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Removed my Spigen s-view case and lag stopped almost immediately.
4th June 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by aflansburg

Removed my Spigen s-view case and lag stopped almost immediately.

Same problem here. All around lag from typing to within app use, terrible slowness plagued my device. Removing s-view case removes all noticeable lag immediately. Using Spigen s-view case as well.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
note 3 kitkat, note 3 kitkat lag, note 3 lag
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes