Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,320 Members 39,048 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Change App Name?

Tip us?

MortTheBeast
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] Change App Name?

Is there any simple way of changing the name of an app within the App Drawer? Most of what I am finding when doing a search are threads a few years old, so figured maybe there might be other options to accomplish this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

teamexynos
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortTheBeast View Post
Is there any simple way of changing the name of an app within the App Drawer? Most of what I am finding when doing a search are threads a few years old, so figured maybe there might be other options to accomplish this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Their's an application in the Play Store called "App Name Editor" maybe that will help you out.

MortTheBeast
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Thanks for the assist, but that only works on the homescreen and not within the app drawer.

andreiav
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortTheBeast View Post
Thanks for the assist, but that only works on the homescreen and not within the app drawer.
As far as I know, you can only do this if using a custom launcher. I use Nova Launcher and you can edit names, change icons and so on.
Hope this helps

MortTheBeast
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreiav View Post
As far as I know, you can only do this if using a custom launcher. I use Nova Launcher and you can edit names, change icons and so on.
Hope this helps
That helped a freakin TON! I had Nova Launcher but till you mentioned it having the option I never noticed. After reading your post it made me go back in and noticed after hitting Edit on the shortcut on homepage that there was the 3 dots for the extra options menu and there it was... and works like a champ!

Thank you.