Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,793 Members 41,060 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] E988 Cant get in Download mode (no custom recovery)

Tip us?

Damjan94
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] E988 Cant get in Download mode (no custom recovery)

Hello all, I have a problem with my LG oprimus G pro:
I have updated to official 4.4.2 and it was a bit buggy. So I decided to flash CyanogenMod
So the first thing is to root the phone I did that from here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2695263
post #4 guy named galapagos has roottool.kitkat.zip attached. So I downloaded roottool.kitkat.zip unpacked it to "root" folder
folder tree:
--------root
--root.zip
--adb.exe
--AdbWinApi.dll
--AdbWinUsbApi.dll
--StartRoot.bat

and ran the StartRoot.bat that I found inside.
All it did was reboot the phone to stock recovery waited for me to click install from sideload and it than executed next command:
.\adb.exe sideload root.zip
the phone rebooted, and I installed rootchecker app to test if I had root. The test was positive. cool
now I wanted to install CyanogenMod I downloaded the latest build from here http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=e980&type=
I renamed the file I downloaded to root.zip placed it in the folder where StartRoot.bat is (replacing the old root.zip) and ran StartRoot.bat once again.
the phone verified the root.zip and started to install it. In the middle of installation it aborted the installation and rebooted the phone. it will not boot to android system (I wonder why ) instead I am greated with LG security error after witch the phone turns itself off.
I have tried getting into download mode buy key combination= hold volume+ and volume - together and connect usb. It only starts charging.
when I press volume down+ home+power it takes me to factory hard reset. but the reset changes nothing...
do you have any ideas how I can unbrick my phone? Will USB jig work on LG phones?

souleater11
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Manually uninstall and reinstall LG drivers. text me if it works for you.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Free mobile app

MitoTakatori
Old
Thanks Meter 197
I got the problem too with my G PRO, that I get a hard time to get into download mode. It always starts the phone. So just be patient, try it more, just remove the battery if the method gets awry. I tried it many times, then it worked.

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

OR

You can try to plug your phone on the PC, go to cmd within adb, key in adb reboot recovery. Voila.
Genius.

DEVICE: LG Optimus G Pro F240
ROM: VANIR 4.4.4

OTHER DEVICE:
Nokia X7 - MiG CFW 3.3

Damjan94
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitoTakatori View Post
I got the problem too with my G PRO, that I get a hard time to get into download mode. It always starts the phone. So just be patient, try it more, just remove the battery if the method gets awry. I tried it many times, then it worked.

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

OR

You can try to plug your phone on the PC, go to cmd within adb, key in adb reboot recovery. Voila.
you clearly didnt read the whole post
I dont have the system to boot to

Damjan94
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by souleater11 View Post
Manually uninstall and reinstall LG drivers. text me if it works for you.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Free mobile app
tried many times the "normal way" and with remove battery way :P
no luck...
I even tried with live linux usb and still no luck..
I dont know why wold drivers have anything to do with download mode?
if you have e988 you could upload a video on youtube on how to get to download mode DD
I cant seem to find any videos on that for my phone.
Tags
bricked, e988, no download mode, no recovery