Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,798 Members 50,003 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help! tried updating my samsung gt-i9000. No success..

Tip us?

Haakons
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help! tried updating my samsung gt-i9000. No success..

Hi everyone I hope someone can help me resolving this problem I made myself...

I tried to install kitkat 4.4 on one old samsung S1 (the first galaxy model)

first I rooted the phone, and installed clockwork mod, and a *.zip that should contain kitkat 4.4 for the phone.

It all whent well in clockworkmod until I selected to install kitkat. It starts to install, but i get a droid with an red triangle and a exclimation mark, and then it reeboots

Is it somehow possible to reset the install and get it bak to normal? I have also the odin program. can I do something to get the phone working again?

sorry for no pics or video, but the forum didnt allow me before my 10th post..

go to youtube, search on user sixors1 and there is a video who is called cam00376. sorry for the inconvenience

thanks for reading

Kobro
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakons View Post
Hi everyone I hope someone can help me resolving this problem I made myself...

I tried to install kitkat 4.4 on one old samsung S1 (the first galaxy model)

first I rooted the phone, and installed clockwork mod, and a *.zip that should contain kitkat 4.4 for the phone.

It all whent well in clockworkmod until I selected to install kitkat. It starts to install, but i get a droid with an red triangle and a exclimation mark, and then it reeboots

Is it somehow possible to reset the install and get it bak to normal? I have also the odin program. can I do something to get the phone working again?

sorry for no pics or video, but the forum didnt allow me before my 10th post..

go to youtube, search on user sixors1 and there is a video who is called cam00376. sorry for the inconvenience

thanks for reading
okay, listen. the first step is download the stock rom. in the link at the bottom of this post is a list of firmwares for i9000. choose the one from your region, and download it, (or i can give you a link to my firmware, its international, so it will almost certasinly work. you might have to unzip the downloaded file, but only once. inside should be a folder withe the firmware name. go into the folder, you shouild see
a bunch of files.
then go to odin, connect you phone in download mode,navigate to the folder with the firmware folders, then:

Click on “PDA” and select file with “CODE” in its name.
Click on “Phone” and select file with “MODEM” in its name. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
Click on “CSC” and select file with “CSC” in its name. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
Click on “PIT” and select “.pit” file. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)

press start, and hopefully your phone will be back working again.
Firmware download link:
http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I9000

press thanks if i helped!
Press Thanks if i helped!

The Eleventh Commandment- "Thou hast not to like it, thou hast just to do it."

Sign up to Copy.com using this link, and we both get an extra 5gb of free cloud!
https://copy.com?r=1txCqp

Haakons
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hi and thanks for your reply

I was to download my stock file (region TEN), but i just came to something called rapid gator, and i entered wrong werificatin code, and was told that I have to wait one hour before trying again.. suppose thats a method for getting folks to pay for service. but why do samsung do such a thing?..

anyway, i would highly appreciate if you can send me the stock ROM

Haakons
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Now I was able to get the system up and runing again. I guess it has been changed since you been doing this.

I simply unzipped the package for my region and placed the zip file that was not going to unzip. When I placed this in Odin, at the pda button, it showed a *.md5 file. Set the phone in download mode, and it did the rest itself

But the reason I began doing this was that the phone dont read the sim card, and I was hoping for software malfunction, but I guess I wasnt that lucky.

Anyone who knows how I can get it to read the sim again?