Transparent status bar

OP polaric

4th June 2014, 12:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 119

335 posts
Donate to Me
More
Is there a mod or a way to turn the sense 6 status bar fully transparent like AOSP KitKat, unlike its current half transparency. Please do not suggest exposed, I'd rather edit system files.

Sent from my HTC One M8
4th June 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #2  
Flag King George, VA
Thanks Meter: 10

43 posts
More
Status bar (and others....)
If you decompile SystemUI.apk (found in /system/priv-app), look for status_background.9.png in res/xxhdpi and edit the image to make fully transparent. The xxhdpi folder also has the images for all the status bar and quick toggle icons if you should choose to change those as well...

As a note - I did this on my work computer (without actually decompiling the apk) by extracting SystemUI.apk to my dropbox and then simply renaming it to SystemUI.zip and decompressing it with 7-zip. After I made the changes I wanted (signal icons, wifi, nav bar bg, and some others), I re-zipped the contents of SystemUI (not the folder itself as it will make a redundant directory in the zip file and break your SystemUI), I renamed back to SystemUI.apk and placed the new SystemUI.apk in the appropriate directory, making sure permissions are set correct. Then reboot....

This worked for me... it's a bit tedious, but I get bored at work sometimes... lolz.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread