No registration required

Gear 1 + Tizen = Weather fiasco

OP vacek1

4th June 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

6 posts
All,

Maybe someone else has an answer to this. I have a Gear 1, with Tizen on it (Rooted) and a Galaxy S5 connected.

In Gear Manager, the ONLY option I seem to have with weather is to use location based services (on/off). If it is off, weather does NOT show up on the Gear at all.

When it is on, it shows the weather and updates fine, but the city name is completely wrong, although it appears that the weather forecast is fine. The city name is likely being pulled form Accuweather using location based services. (lets call it "city1")

Now the weird part. I also have the "Weather & Clock Widget" version 3.7.9 on my S5, with my city typed in, not using location based services. ( "city2" )

On the gear, when I touch the weather, it shows me a screen for "city1" that I can tap and go to the accuweather forecast. I can also scroll right and see "city2" that I can also tap and see an accuweather forecast for it (which is the same forecast)

Now that everyone is confused, I guess my question is: Can I use the weather WITHOUT location based services on my Gear ? I typically like to have that turned off on my S5 (to save battery)

I want one option for weather to show up on my Gear, and want it to be "city2" ... the correct city name.
4th June 2014, 07:50 PM   |  #2  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,378

8,946 posts
Your post gave me a headache. But when I turn location off in Gear Manager the other cities I input manually in the Samsung weather widget still appear (and update). I'm using a N3.
4th June 2014, 08:24 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG

Your post gave me a headache. But when I turn location off in Gear Manager the other cities I input manually in the Samsung weather widget still appear (and update). I'm using a N3.

Imagine me writing it ! lol

When I turn of location services in Gear Manager (Weather) ... the watch will not show any weather at all, just a message that says: "Tap here to use location info on mobile device"

when it is turned on, it seems to be pulling down 2 weather forecasts.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread