Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] S3 Data Usage Menu

OP seecs2011

2nd June 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Weird Question:
Does the data usage menu change appearance?
Currently, mine only shows the dropdown menu for which cycle I want to view, a graph that shows way more data than I actually used(maybe it is combined data and wi-fi?) and a breakdown of usage by app. Is there anyway to get the other menu back where the set limit, allow mobile data and whatever other checkboxes are usually there?
2nd June 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by seecs2011

Weird Question:
Does the data usage menu change appearance?
Currently, mine only shows the dropdown menu for which cycle I want to view, a graph that shows way more data than I actually used(maybe it is combined data and wi-fi?) and a breakdown of usage by app. Is there anyway to get the other menu back where the set limit, allow mobile data and whatever other checkboxes are usually there?

I think it depends on the ROM you're using mine shows the checkboxes for warning and limit and then when I turn those on I can adjust the levels below and it is possible that it can show wifi and mobile data but its an option you can turn off.
4th June 2014, 05:49 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiPimp75

I think it depends on the ROM you're using mine shows the check-boxes for warning and limit and then when I turn those on I can adjust the levels below and it is possible that it can show wifi and mobile data but its an option you can turn off.

I am on the default System, it changes seemingly randomly.

I attached a screenshot of the current look, as of an hour ago, it was the normal one with the check-boxes and all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-03-22-45-08.png
Views:	18
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	2779513  
4th June 2014, 08:10 AM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Right about that Data Usage Cycle box is where I have 3 checkboxes that say Mobile Data, Limit Mobile Data Usage and Alert me about data usage.

So Im not sure where yours are. Im on the latest KitKat update and Wicked X Rom but the boxes where there on the stock Kitkat rom

---------- Post added at 06:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

I dont think they show up unless you have mobile data turned on and by the looks of your over 4gb those appear to be wifi stats. So maybe you need to turn mobile data on and then you'll see the checkboxes.
4th June 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiPimp75

Right about that Data Usage Cycle box is where I have 3 checkboxes that say Mobile Data, Limit Mobile Data Usage and Alert me about data usage.

So Im not sure where yours are. Im on the latest KitKat update and Wicked X Rom but the boxes where there on the stock Kitkat rom

---------- Post added at 06:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

I dont think they show up unless you have mobile data turned on and by the looks of your over 4gb those appear to be wifi stats. So maybe you need to turn mobile data on and then you'll see the checkboxes.

I have data turned on. If I restart my phone, the normal menu appears (the one you see on your phone) but then after an undetermined amount of time, it goes to the screen you see in that screenshot... It is all very odd.
Also, it shows different amounts of data used per app (which would be sort of expected if the screen i get has compounded data with WiFi, but the reason it is odd is that it shows that I used more data for certain apps on data alone vs data + WiFi)
Last edited by seecs2011; 4th June 2014 at 09:15 PM. Reason: more info
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes