Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,192 Members 36,965 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S3 Data Usage Menu

Tip us?

seecs2011
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] S3 Data Usage Menu

Weird Question:
Does the data usage menu change appearance?
Currently, mine only shows the dropdown menu for which cycle I want to view, a graph that shows way more data than I actually used(maybe it is combined data and wi-fi?) and a breakdown of usage by app. Is there anyway to get the other menu back where the set limit, allow mobile data and whatever other checkboxes are usually there?

DigiPimp75
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by seecs2011 View Post
Weird Question:
Does the data usage menu change appearance?
Currently, mine only shows the dropdown menu for which cycle I want to view, a graph that shows way more data than I actually used(maybe it is combined data and wi-fi?) and a breakdown of usage by app. Is there anyway to get the other menu back where the set limit, allow mobile data and whatever other checkboxes are usually there?
I think it depends on the ROM you're using mine shows the checkboxes for warning and limit and then when I turn those on I can adjust the levels below and it is possible that it can show wifi and mobile data but its an option you can turn off.

seecs2011
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiPimp75 View Post
I think it depends on the ROM you're using mine shows the check-boxes for warning and limit and then when I turn those on I can adjust the levels below and it is possible that it can show wifi and mobile data but its an option you can turn off.
I am on the default System, it changes seemingly randomly.

I attached a screenshot of the current look, as of an hour ago, it was the normal one with the check-boxes and all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-03-22-45-08.png
Views:	18
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	2779513  

DigiPimp75
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Right about that Data Usage Cycle box is where I have 3 checkboxes that say Mobile Data, Limit Mobile Data Usage and Alert me about data usage.

So Im not sure where yours are. Im on the latest KitKat update and Wicked X Rom but the boxes where there on the stock Kitkat rom

---------- Post added at 06:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

I dont think they show up unless you have mobile data turned on and by the looks of your over 4gb those appear to be wifi stats. So maybe you need to turn mobile data on and then you'll see the checkboxes.

seecs2011
Old
(Last edited by seecs2011; 4th June 2014 at 08:15 PM.) Reason: more info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiPimp75 View Post
Right about that Data Usage Cycle box is where I have 3 checkboxes that say Mobile Data, Limit Mobile Data Usage and Alert me about data usage.

So Im not sure where yours are. Im on the latest KitKat update and Wicked X Rom but the boxes where there on the stock Kitkat rom

---------- Post added at 06:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

I dont think they show up unless you have mobile data turned on and by the looks of your over 4gb those appear to be wifi stats. So maybe you need to turn mobile data on and then you'll see the checkboxes.
I have data turned on. If I restart my phone, the normal menu appears (the one you see on your phone) but then after an undetermined amount of time, it goes to the screen you see in that screenshot... It is all very odd.
Also, it shows different amounts of data used per app (which would be sort of expected if the screen i get has compounded data with WiFi, but the reason it is odd is that it shows that I used more data for certain apps on data alone vs data + WiFi)