Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Is there a custom ROM that fixes bluetooth disconnect issue?

OP hackhound

28th May 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
My Note has the issue where when paired to a bluetooth keyboard it will disconnect after about 5-10 seconds of not typing. Are there any custom ROMs that fix this problem?

Thanks,
Hackhound
29th May 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #2  
bunglebp's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nessie Country
Thanks Meter: 77
 
626 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackhound

My Note has the issue where when paired to a bluetooth keyboard it will disconnect after about 5-10 seconds of not typing. Are there any custom ROMs that fix this problem?

Thanks,
Hackhound

No Bluetooth keyboards are officially supported by this device as yet, could use USB OTG cable to plug keyboard directly into tablet
2nd June 2014, 06:28 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunglebp

No Bluetooth keyboards are officially supported by this device as yet, could use USB OTG cable to plug keyboard directly into tablet

I understand that Samsung is not supporting bluetooth keyboards since they want everyone to use the stylus. They probably never will. What I want to know is if someone who has experiencing the disconnect issue had it go away after a custom ROM was installed on their Note.
3rd June 2014, 09:34 AM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackhound

My Note has the issue where when paired to a bluetooth keyboard it will disconnect after about 5-10 seconds of not typing. Are there any custom ROMs that fix this problem?

Thanks,
Hackhound

Hi Hackhound,

There are two workarounds:
-stream music to a Bluetooth headset while using the Keyboard. The constant music stream keeps the BT connection open. I've tested it and it works.
-install Bluetooth Keyboard Easyconnect. Follow the instructions. Don't loose faith. Play with it for some minutes. It took me five-ten minutes for the first time to get a proper setup. It works! And now I am able to use my keyboard! If I add External Keyboard Helper Pro with which I can remap my keyboard layout I can say that I have made my way to productivity heaven.

Oh I forgot to add that the latter solution works only with stock kernel on KitKat... Or at least I had problems with xluco v1 an haven't tested with v1.1. And I am on xKat v3.0 at the moment.

Cheers!
Last edited by Solyomszem; 3rd June 2014 at 09:37 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Solyomszem For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th June 2014, 07:41 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
186 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solyomszem

Hi Hackhound,

There are two workarounds:
-stream music to a Bluetooth headset while using the Keyboard. The constant music stream keeps the BT connection open. I've tested it and it works.
-install Bluetooth Keyboard Easyconnect. Follow the instructions. Don't loose faith. Play with it for some minutes. It took me five-ten minutes for the first time to get a proper setup. It works! And now I am able to use my keyboard! If I add External Keyboard Helper Pro with which I can remap my keyboard layout I can say that I have made my way to productivity heaven.

Oh I forgot to add that the latter solution works only with stock kernel on KitKat... Or at least I had problems with xluco v1 an haven't tested with v1.1. And I am on xKat v3.0 at the moment.

Cheers!

I hope this isnt a transient thing, but installing BK Easyconnect seems to have solved my BT keyboard disconnect. Bluetooth keyboard has disconnected just once during the past 2 hours of use, and that was during a 10 min idle period. No other"fix" had worked to keep my BT keyboards connectd up until now, and I have tried all of them mentioned on this forum and elsewhere (factory reset, set timeout to never, toggle onscreen keepboard switch, "Null keyboard" app, "bluetooth keepalive" app, remove sd card, and probably more things that I cant remember)! Major props to you and the developer of the app. I was about to give up on this otherwise wonderful tablet. I just hope its not a fluke....I'll keep this thread updated if things change. You might want to post your fix in the 14 page long Bluetooth keyboard disconnect thread here. Im sure others will appreciate it )

Im running hashcheck 4.4.2 ROM and using the Motorola keyboard with the built in cursor stick mouse. Both keyboard and mouse functions are working. No lag, no stutter, no constant disconnects every 5 seconds *** crossing fingers****
4th June 2014, 09:15 PM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam2c

I hope this isnt a transient thing, but installing BK Easyconnect seems to have solved my BT keyboard disconnect. Bluetooth keyboard has disconnected just once during the past 2 hours of use, and that was during a 10 min idle period. No other"fix" had worked to keep my BT keyboards connectd up until now, and I have tried all of them mentioned on this forum and elsewhere (factory reset, set timeout to never, toggle onscreen keepboard switch, "Null keyboard" app, "bluetooth keepalive" app, remove sd card, and probably more things that I cant remember)! Major props to you and the developer of the app. I was about to give up on this otherwise wonderful tablet. I just hope its not a fluke....I'll keep this thread updated if things change. You might want to post your fix in the 14 page long Bluetooth keyboard disconnect thread here. Im sure others will appreciate it )

Im running hashcheck 4.4.2 ROM and using the Motorola keyboard with the built in cursor stick mouse. Both keyboard and mouse functions are working. No lag, no stutter, no constant disconnects every 5 seconds *** crossing fingers****

Hi sam2c,
I am glad that I could help You out but I have to confess that I was not the wise one. After many attempts I have found the solution by just Googling around with different keyword combinations... And on a foreign language google play comment there was this gem.
Anyway I'll post it on the BT KB thread.
Thanks,
Solyomszem

Sent with Tapatalk from SM-P600
4th June 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
186 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solyomszem

Hi sam2c,
I am glad that I could help You out but I have to confess that I was not the wise one. After many attempts I have found the solution by just Googling around with different keyword combinations... And on a foreign language google play comment there was this gem.
Anyway I'll post it on the BT KB thread.
Thanks,
Solyomszem

Sent with Tapatalk from SM-P600


Props to him/her too then ) thanks again for sharing this info here.

I hope the devs here with the knowhow can incorporate this fix into their ROM and perhaps improve on it

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
rom bluetooth disconnect
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes