Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,159 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Change keyboard? and Xposed?

Tip us?

jaed.43725
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Question [Q] Change keyboard? and Xposed?

2 different questions here. No use in making a new thread for everything.

I did some searching and for some reason with the update you supposedly cant change the default keyboard. I have the Google Keyboard (my preferred one) installed, changed it so it should be the default. But it just wont change it. Has anyone been able to figure out a way to get it done?

2nd Q. Does Xposed work on the G2? Or is there something like it? I want to change the battery icon, and show dbm for the signal.
LG G2

Swizzle82
Old
Thanks Meter 18
As far as the keyboard I'm not sure. I do know that swiftkey won't work properly but don't know about the google keyboard. Xposed does work with the G2 just use the G2tweakbox and G2 xposed modules.

jaed.43725
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I have the G2Tweaksbox loaded up. But you have to have root to use it. And right now nobody has rooted 4.4.2. without going through crazy measures.
LG G2

Swizzle82
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaed.43725 View Post
I have the G2Tweaksbox loaded up. But you have to have root to use it. And right now nobody has rooted 4.4.2. without going through crazy measures.
Yes that is correct... Xposed won't work without root period.

Froid
Old
Thanks Meter 1290

DONATE TO ME
No problem using the Google keyboard here. It's also a pretty easy process to root. A bit of a pita but easy with the TOT method.

jaed.43725
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froid View Post
No problem using the Google keyboard here. It's also a pretty easy process to root. A bit of a pita but easy with the TOT method.
Finally got the keyboard to work. There is a stupid thing on the pull down menu when you go to type something that asks you to choose input. And from there you can select your other keyboard. So glad I got the Google Keyboard to work. That LG one is abysmal.

Froid: Could you paste a link here so I can read over the root. Everything I have found says that since the update you have to go back to 4.2.2. That is something I could do but am not wanting to go that far. If there were an easier way to just put on another ROM I would do that for sure.
LG G2

Froid
Old
Thanks Meter 1290

DONATE TO ME
You do have to revert to 4.2.2 to root, but I found the TOT method easy enuff. I'm also running the G3 keyboard and I like it better than Google's and I always thought theirs was the best. Here's the link I used for the TOT method.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=45293512