XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

[Q] Change keyboard? and Xposed?

OP jaed.43725

3rd June 2014, 11:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lillington, NC
Thanks Meter: 4

164 posts
More
2 different questions here. No use in making a new thread for everything.

I did some searching and for some reason with the update you supposedly cant change the default keyboard. I have the Google Keyboard (my preferred one) installed, changed it so it should be the default. But it just wont change it. Has anyone been able to figure out a way to get it done?

2nd Q. Does Xposed work on the G2? Or is there something like it? I want to change the battery icon, and show dbm for the signal.
3rd June 2014, 11:59 PM   |  #2  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 68

242 posts
Donate to Me
More
As far as the keyboard I'm not sure. I do know that swiftkey won't work properly but don't know about the google keyboard. Xposed does work with the G2 just use the G2tweakbox and G2 xposed modules.
4th June 2014, 01:08 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lillington, NC

164 posts
More
I have the G2Tweaksbox loaded up. But you have to have root to use it. And right now nobody has rooted 4.4.2. without going through crazy measures.
4th June 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #4  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 68

242 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaed.43725

I have the G2Tweaksbox loaded up. But you have to have root to use it. And right now nobody has rooted 4.4.2. without going through crazy measures.

Yes that is correct... Xposed won't work without root period.
4th June 2014, 07:45 PM   |  #5  
Flag somewhere
Thanks Meter: 1,301

1,038 posts
Donate to Me
More
No problem using the Google keyboard here. It's also a pretty easy process to root. A bit of a pita but easy with the TOT method.
4th June 2014, 08:29 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lillington, NC

164 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froid

No problem using the Google keyboard here. It's also a pretty easy process to root. A bit of a pita but easy with the TOT method.

Finally got the keyboard to work. There is a stupid thing on the pull down menu when you go to type something that asks you to choose input. And from there you can select your other keyboard. So glad I got the Google Keyboard to work. That LG one is abysmal.

Froid: Could you paste a link here so I can read over the root. Everything I have found says that since the update you have to go back to 4.2.2. That is something I could do but am not wanting to go that far. If there were an easier way to just put on another ROM I would do that for sure.
4th June 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #7  
Flag somewhere
Thanks Meter: 1,301

1,038 posts
Donate to Me
More
You do have to revert to 4.2.2 to root, but I found the TOT method easy enuff. I'm also running the G3 keyboard and I like it better than Google's and I always thought theirs was the best. Here's the link I used for the TOT method.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=45293512

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread