Q: How To Root?

Search This thread

Larry2999

Feb 7, 2014
Atlanta, GA
i just got this phone and i need to know how to root lol. i'm on 4.3 and the mjb modem. is there a way to root it?

Yes, there are a number of ways to root on ver. 4.3. First, you could try CF-Auto Root. Doesn't always work with this version but it's worked for several people. Secondly, you could flash custom recovery via Odin and then flash the pre-rooted and de-knoxed MJ2 ROM as long as you retain your MJB bootloader and modem. You can ensure this by flashing the MJB bootloader and modem at the same time. Thirdly, you could flash TWRP custom recovery (this method doesn't always work with CWM) via Odin. Then flash SuperSU zip via custom recovery. Download and install SuperSU from the Play Store. Run it and install the binary when prompted. The fourth and my preferred method is Safe Root. This option won't trip your warranty bit in case this matters and has worked for me all the time. You can check the SafeRoot download link and installation instructions via the thread below ...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2565758

pitbullmommy45245

Jul 9, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
A search of this forum for 4.3 root would have brought you the answer.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2538991 You can fond your solution here.

Ian

thank you i was kinda wary of cf auto root. i tried it on a verizon one that i had and it always failed lol. but it worked on this one! lol. i had a s3 that was verizon and updated to 4.3 and i couldn't download any aosp roms and could only install i think it was mlb. with it being rooted this way can i install any rom? and do i need to install cwm or a recovery?

DarthDerron

Sep 28, 2012
GTA, Ontario
thank you i was kinda wary of cf auto root. i tried it on a verizon one that i had and it always failed lol. but it worked on this one! lol. i had a s3 that was verizon and updated to 4.3 and i couldn't download any aosp roms and could only install i think it was mlb. with it being rooted this way can i install any rom? and do i need to install cwm or a recovery?

I just rooted yesterday again (after being on stock 4.3 touchwiz for the longest time, what a disaster). I used the CF auto-root method as well. I downloaded + flashed TWRP recovery using odin, and was all set to install AOSP roms. You can use CWM if you want but a few devs recommend TWRP so that's what I have stuck with.

pitbullmommy45245

Jul 9, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I just rooted yesterday again (after being on stock 4.3 touchwiz for the longest time, what a disaster). I used the CF auto-root method as well. I downloaded + flashed TWRP recovery using odin, and was all set to install AOSP roms. You can use CWM if you want but a few devs recommend TWRP so that's what I have stuck with.

are there any roms that you would recomend that are up kept up to date.

Top Liked Posts