Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 53,788 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Kindle Fire HD 8.9 Recovery Steps

Tip us?

obh8899
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Kindle Fire HD 8.9 Recovery Steps

Thanks for the clear instructions.
I have followed the instructions until the Command Prompt shows < waiting for device >. Then nothing happened with my Kindle Fire HD 8.9.
The following is what I see after I entered "fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product" in Command Prompt with Administrator rights:-

(1) The PC screen showed < waiting for device >
(2) The Kindle shows Kindle Fire logo (wording Kindle in white and Fire in orange color).

I am running Windows 7 Pro x64 in the above exercise and using the KFFirstAide x64 download.

Can anyone please help/advise me on what went wrong and how to resolve this? My Kindle Fire HD 8.9 was bricked while trying to convert it into android and I must have done it wrongly. Now when I press the ON button all I see is the Kindle Fire logo and nothing else happens.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks you in advance.

stunts513
Old
(Last edited by stunts513; 5th June 2014 at 06:32 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 603

DONATE TO ME
You probably don't have the fastboot driver installed. The device should briefly show up in the device manager as a jem device when you plug the device in while off, you have to right click that device and hit update drivers and point it to where you would have extracted the drivers in my signature.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null