OP Recognized Contributor
Flag york, pa
Thanks Meter: 1,415

3,180 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazem99922

can i flash this rom on intrnational version?????
i unlock the sim
thx

No. They are carrier specific.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
2nd June 2014, 02:53 AM   |  #12  
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 127

736 posts
Donate to Me
More
Just a thought, but it would greatly help newer users if your RUU files of each version were on one thread... regardless, thank you

Check out my website for encouragement....

www.projectintercession.blogspot.com
2nd June 2014, 02:58 AM   |  #13  
Flag york, pa

3,180 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewjt19

Just a thought, but it would greatly help newer users if your RUU files of each version were on one thread... regardless, thank you

Actually it would not be. Sense six has extra files to flash with. I already get questions about which all files need to be flashed. Adding more to the list/thread would only complicate things. This way, you know which version ruu you are getting by the thread you are in. Also, you have the difference between encrypted and decrypted which also dictates which users can actually use them.
The Following User Says Thank You to dottat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2014, 02:59 AM   |  #14  
Flag Pennsylvania

736 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat

Actually it would not be. Sense six has extra files to flash with. I already get questions about which all files need to be flashed. Adding more to the list/thread would only complicate things. This way, you know which version ruu you are getting by the thread you are in. Also, you have the difference between encrypted and decrypted which also dictates which users can actually use them.

True, speaking of which what exactly is the difference between encrypted versus decrypted? I never had success with encrypted but the decrypted worked.. thanks

2nd June 2014, 03:05 AM   |  #15  
Flag york, pa

3,180 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewjt19

True, speaking of which what exactly is the difference between encrypted versus decrypted? I never had success with encrypted but the decrypted worked.. thanks

So the encrypted ones come straight from HTC and will not be rooted. They will be encrypted and signed. That means an s on user can use it as long that ruu is at the same version (or newer) than what they have currently. S on users will need to be locked to use the ruu. S on users cannot use a decrypted ruu at all.

S off users can use both types and do not have to be locked to flash. For my two latest ones, they fall into the decrypted state as only s off users can use them. They are slightly different than a decrypted straight from HTC in that I have them prerooted. Does that help?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dottat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2014, 03:07 AM   |  #16  
Flag Pennsylvania

736 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So the encrypted ones come straight from HTC and will not be rooted. They will be encrypted and signed. That means an s on user can use it as long that ruu is at the same version (or newer) than what they have currently. S on users will need to be locked to use the ruu. S on users cannot use a decrypted ruu at all.

S off users can use both types and do not have to be locked to flash. For my two latest ones, they fall into the decrypted state as only s off users can use them. They are slightly different than a decrypted straight from HTC in that I have them prerooted. Does that help?

Excellent summary.

2nd June 2014, 11:48 PM   |  #17  
Delaware, OH
Thanks Meter: 94

531 posts
Ran this ruu this morning. Flawless all day with heavy use. Thanks !

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Free mobile app
4th June 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #18  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 3

16 posts
More
Awesome stuff man thanks! It ran no problem. I was so excited to update that I didn't realize that it would wipe my internal storage so I lost everything which sucks but I guess that means I get to have fun redownloading everything. Lol
4th June 2014, 07:57 PM   |  #19  
Flag york, pa

3,180 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by natefck420

Awesome stuff man thanks! It ran no problem. I was so excited to update that I didn't realize that it would wipe my internal storage so I lost everything which sucks but I guess that means I get to have fun redownloading everything. Lol

Make sure you install and setup the new HTC backup app. It works great to prevent this from happening. It only works on sense 6+ so it wouldn't have saved you this time but going forward it would.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to dottat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th June 2014, 09:45 PM   |  #20  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 3

16 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:

Make sure you install and setup the new HTC backup app. It works great to prevent this from happening. It only works on sense 6+ so it wouldn't have saved you this time but going forward it would.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Hey cool I'll check that out. Much appreciated

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread