Recovery Mode no command on nexus 7

OP DarkShoko

4th June 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 18

49 posts
I had the device lying around for a while and was about to update it to 4.4.3 but when I tried to get into recovery mode to flash the zip file it said "no command" with this android logo thingy, the device is rooted with unlocked bootloader, what should I do to fix it?
4th June 2014, 09:19 PM   |  #2  
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 143

440 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShoko

I had the device lying around for a while and was about to update it to 4.4.3 but when I tried to get into recovery mode to flash the zip file it said "no command" with this android logo thingy, the device is rooted with unlocked bootloader, what should I do to fix it?

That is stock recovery. It's an Android laying on his back with a red exclamation mark on top of him. I know, it freaked me out too when I first booted into stock recovery because it makes you think something's wrong. When you see that screen, you have to hit Power + Volume Up (or Volume Down?) at the same time to bring up the recovery menu. It may take a couple tries with the buttons, but the menu should pop up eventually.
4th June 2014, 09:21 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 18

49 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by charesa39

That is stock recovery. It's an Android laying on his back with a red exclamation mark on top of him. I know, it freaked me out too when I first booted into stock recovery because it makes you think something's wrong. When you see that screen, you have to hit Power + Volume Up (or Volume Down?) at the same time to bring up the recovery menu. It may take a couple tries with the buttons, but the menu should pop up eventually.

and after I get to the recovery stock menu can I just flash the 4.4.3 zip?
4th June 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #4  
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 143

440 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShoko

and after I get to the recovery stock menu can I just flash the 4.4.3 zip?

I believe you have to adb sideload it. You can see how in this thread I found by Googling: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1929201. I know I can flash the OTA in my Philz custom recovery, but not sure if you can simply flash it using stock recovery.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread