Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,085 Members 43,587 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Recovery Mode no command on nexus 7

Tip us?

DarkShoko
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default Recovery Mode no command on nexus 7

I had the device lying around for a while and was about to update it to 4.4.3 but when I tried to get into recovery mode to flash the zip file it said "no command" with this android logo thingy, the device is rooted with unlocked bootloader, what should I do to fix it?

charesa39
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShoko View Post
I had the device lying around for a while and was about to update it to 4.4.3 but when I tried to get into recovery mode to flash the zip file it said "no command" with this android logo thingy, the device is rooted with unlocked bootloader, what should I do to fix it?
That is stock recovery. It's an Android laying on his back with a red exclamation mark on top of him. I know, it freaked me out too when I first booted into stock recovery because it makes you think something's wrong. When you see that screen, you have to hit Power + Volume Up (or Volume Down?) at the same time to bring up the recovery menu. It may take a couple tries with the buttons, but the menu should pop up eventually.

DarkShoko
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by charesa39 View Post
That is stock recovery. It's an Android laying on his back with a red exclamation mark on top of him. I know, it freaked me out too when I first booted into stock recovery because it makes you think something's wrong. When you see that screen, you have to hit Power + Volume Up (or Volume Down?) at the same time to bring up the recovery menu. It may take a couple tries with the buttons, but the menu should pop up eventually.
and after I get to the recovery stock menu can I just flash the 4.4.3 zip?

charesa39
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShoko View Post
and after I get to the recovery stock menu can I just flash the 4.4.3 zip?
I believe you have to adb sideload it. You can see how in this thread I found by Googling: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1929201. I know I can flash the OTA in my Philz custom recovery, but not sure if you can simply flash it using stock recovery.