Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,924 Members 45,350 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] XT925 Won't turn on after factory reset

Tip us?

kcallawa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] XT925 Won't turn on after factory reset

After getting a non-rooted XT925 from a friend, I went to erase all the data/content from settings and as soon as I clicked erase all, phone turned itself off and won't turn back on. Battery was fully charged, was on 4.1.2 firmware, and nothing happens at all when holding power and volume down, or power and volume up and down. When plugged into the wall or PC, phone won't acknowledge being plugged in.

Is there any way to fix this device? I can't imagine bricking a non-rooted or modded device by performing a simple factory reset. Thanks in advance for any help.

coolloser
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcallawa View Post
After getting a non-rooted XT925 from a friend, I went to erase all the data/content from settings and as soon as I clicked erase all, phone turned itself off and won't turn back on. Battery was fully charged, was on 4.1.2 firmware, and nothing happens at all when holding power and volume down, or power and volume up and down. When plugged into the wall or PC, phone won't acknowledge being plugged in.

Is there any way to fix this device? I can't imagine bricking a non-rooted or modded device by performing a simple factory reset. Thanks in advance for any help.
Check out this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2144101
The Following User Says Thank You to coolloser For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kcallawa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the reply. Tried all of that before I posted and nothing worked. I ended up calling Motorola and they extended the warranty and are going to fix/replace the phone free of charge.

Still interested as to why this happened though.......

coolloser
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcallawa View Post
Thanks for the reply. Tried all of that before I posted and nothing worked. I ended up calling Motorola and they extended the warranty and are going to fix/replace the phone free of charge.

Still interested as to why this happened though.......
Dang, that sucks that nothing worked.. A factory reset should never brick a device. Motorola obviously knows it's their fault if they are replacing it! Thankfully you have the xt925, means you can still bootloader unlock!