Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,401 Members 38,956 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help with MMS Issues? Not just from Apple

Tip us?

lostangelintx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q] Help with MMS Issues? Not just from Apple

I am having MMS issues. I am in the oilfield rental business. My guys are out in the field and send me photos of directions to locations, damages to equipment, etc.

I am running stock rooted, s-off, and HTC unlocked bootloader. I am updated to latest OTA update.

I cannot get ANY mms from iphone users. I get the "so and so has sent you an mms message. Download?)
If I press the download link, it does nothing and eventually I get a message that it failed.

I get the same thing from my guys with Android phones, but if I re-boot my HTC One M8, then I will get the picture, instead of the above message.

I am not sure if this problem will repeat itself if I revert back to stock. Really don't want to go back to stock to see.

I did have an IPhone at one time, with this same number. It was a 5s. And a 4, come to think of it, before the 5s.

Any help would be appreciated. Can I call AT&T to help?

brianray14
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Classic case of adblock plus. You can either use adblock plus or receive MMS, but not both

The reason it comes through on reboot is that the adblock service hasn't started yet

Message delivered via three eyed raven
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________
Gunmetal Silver HTC ONE M8 AT&T - UNLOCKED S-OFF
ROM : STOCK 4.4.2
Hboot : 3.16.0.0000
Radio : 1.16.21331931.LA11G
Recovery : TWRP Touch Recovery v2.7.0.2
Kernel : STOCK
MOD : Sense 6 Toolbox
The Following User Says Thank You to brianray14 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]