Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,480 Members 45,300 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is it safe to put my xperia z ultra in water

Tip us?

fanfic65
Old
(Last edited by fanfic65; 3rd June 2014 at 10:00 PM.) Reason: Icon
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question Is it safe to put my xperia z ultra in water

Hi, today i bought xperia z ultra and i like to play games on it and i was thinking about testing it in water before i go to take a bath with it, is it really safe to put it in water?

Please someone tell me if it is safe.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for my bad English.

CEROSERDNA
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanfic65 View Post
Hi, today i bought xperia z ultra and i like to play games on it and i was thinking about testing it in water before i go to take a bath with it, is it really safe to put it in water?

Please someone tell me if it is safe.

Thanks in advance.

yes make sure covers are all closed:]

adfurgerson
Old
Thanks Meter 577
A while back I did some looking around in the Smartwatch2 threads and seen posts about bathing and showering while wearing it. There was some speculations that soapy water may have different properties allowing it to penetrate the seals, and that steam may be able to make its way in easier as it is a vapor.

Jammol
Old
Thanks Meter 300

DONATE TO ME
Water goes in mine through the speaker. Still works like a champ! It drowns the music volume and I have to give it a view minutes to get back out. I think I poked the membrane or something but it's still visibly there.

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
My Devices...

Future Phone: Don't know yet?
Current Phones: Xperia Z Ultra 6806
Past: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 AT&T [Unlocked], LG Optimus G Pro AT&T, LG Optimus G AT&T, LG Google Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T, Samsung GS2 AT&T, Sony Xperia ion AT&T, Samsung Infuse AT&T(First Android Phone), All iPhones before that.

LordManhattan
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 5648
Just be aware that some people have had issues with the "waterproofness", resulting in a non-functioning device and zero warranty.

I would honestly record the whole test on video in case something goes wrong. That way you'll have proof that it was a hardware defect that killed your Ultra and not stupidity.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 967

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan View Post
Just be aware that some people have had issues with the "waterproofness", resulting in a non-functioning device and zero warranty.

I would honestly record the whole test on video in case something goes wrong. That way you'll have proof that it was a hardware defect that killed your Ultra and not stupidity.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
and remember that the tests are on static water, not a shower, water with out surfactants (read soaps), and clean seals with NO dust on them
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

Thankyou to all those that have donated to me over 2014.

fanfic65
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks everyone, today i tested it i also recorded it wih my old phone, it Works fine

The Following User Says Thank You to fanfic65 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]