Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more

[Q] [Help] [Root] [C6902]

OP ankur.co.in

3rd June 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Xda
Thanks Meter: 86

80 posts
More
Hey

I am using C6902 and i am on 14.3.0.A.757 and i wanna know how to safely root my device my bootloader is locked and i wanna back up TA too i have already tried vroot,360root it didnt worked

Thanks in advance
3rd June 2014, 06:01 PM   |  #2  
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,330

9,798 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur.co.in

Hey

I am using C6902 and i am on 14.3.0.A.757 and i wanna know how to safely root my device my bootloader is locked and i wanna back up TA too i have already tried vroot,360root it didnt worked

Thanks in advance

Too late to do it safely, as you used vroot, your IMEI number has already been sent to an unknown IP address in china.
You will be better off doing some reading first, especially the link in my signature
3rd June 2014, 10:57 PM   |  #3  
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 616

2,984 posts
Quote:

Hey

Thanks in advance

What supposed to mean "safely"? Downgrade to .534, Install DualRecovery and then Update to Pre-Rooted 4.4 using method by NUT from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2711982

Start for Line How to Update to .757:
4th June 2014, 06:40 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Xda
Thanks Meter: 86

80 posts
More
What do you mean my imei has been sent to unknown ip in china? What will happen now?
4th June 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #5  
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,330

9,798 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

What do you mean my imei has been sent to unknown ip in china? What will happen now?

Who knows, they may do nothing, they may use your IMEI number for nefarious means. Just goes to show the power of doing your research before using something from a website in china on your phone.

You are not the only one, lots of other people have done it as well

You may just as well go ahead and follow the correct instructions to root now
4th June 2014, 10:27 PM   |  #6  
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 616

2,984 posts
Quote:

They will come at your Home, direct from China, and knock, knock to the door, usually they don't use the entryphone, they will ask for you and they will ask to let them see your phone, then they will tell you that the phone is confiscated because the one with the same IMEI was stolen in China. Then you will go back home, in your rom, crying and asking your-self why did you use VROOT!!!

ROFLMAO!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread