Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,492 Members 52,039 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Help] [Root] [C6902]

Tip us?

ankur.co.in
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85
Default [Q] [Help] [Root] [C6902]

Hey

I am using C6902 and i am on 14.3.0.A.757 and i wanna know how to safely root my device my bootloader is locked and i wanna back up TA too i have already tried vroot,360root it didnt worked

Thanks in advance
CLICK THANKS IF I HELPED YOU

gregbradley
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3688

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur.co.in View Post
Hey

I am using C6902 and i am on 14.3.0.A.757 and i wanna know how to safely root my device my bootloader is locked and i wanna back up TA too i have already tried vroot,360root it didnt worked

Thanks in advance
Too late to do it safely, as you used vroot, your IMEI number has already been sent to an unknown IP address in china.
You will be better off doing some reading first, especially the link in my signature

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.
<<DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES>>

Follow me on twitter

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Hey

Thanks in advance
What supposed to mean "safely"? Downgrade to .534, Install DualRecovery and then Update to Pre-Rooted 4.4 using method by NUT from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2711982

Start for Line How to Update to .757:
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

ankur.co.in
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85
What do you mean my imei has been sent to unknown ip in china? What will happen now?
CLICK THANKS IF I HELPED YOU

gregbradley
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3688

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
What do you mean my imei has been sent to unknown ip in china? What will happen now?
Who knows, they may do nothing, they may use your IMEI number for nefarious means. Just goes to show the power of doing your research before using something from a website in china on your phone.

You are not the only one, lots of other people have done it as well

You may just as well go ahead and follow the correct instructions to root now

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.
<<DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES>>

Follow me on twitter

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
They will come at your Home, direct from China, and knock, knock to the door, usually they don't use the entryphone, they will ask for you and they will ask to let them see your phone, then they will tell you that the phone is confiscated because the one with the same IMEI was stolen in China. Then you will go back home, in your rom, crying and asking your-self why did you use VROOT!!!

ROFLMAO!

IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4