Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Q: How To Root?

OP pitbullmommy45245

3rd June 2014, 05:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34

636 posts
More
i just got this phone and i need to know how to root lol. i'm on 4.3 and the mjb modem. is there a way to root it?
3rd June 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #2  
Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 75

363 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbullmommy45245

i just got this phone and i need to know how to root lol. i'm on 4.3 and the mjb modem. is there a way to root it?

Yes, there are a number of ways to root on ver. 4.3. First, you could try CF-Auto Root. Doesn't always work with this version but it's worked for several people. Secondly, you could flash custom recovery via Odin and then flash the pre-rooted and de-knoxed MJ2 ROM as long as you retain your MJB bootloader and modem. You can ensure this by flashing the MJB bootloader and modem at the same time. Thirdly, you could flash TWRP custom recovery (this method doesn't always work with CWM) via Odin. Then flash SuperSU zip via custom recovery. Download and install SuperSU from the Play Store. Run it and install the binary when prompted. The fourth and my preferred method is Safe Root. This option won't trip your warranty bit in case this matters and has worked for me all the time. You can check the SafeRoot download link and installation instructions via the thread below ...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758
4th June 2014, 01:11 AM   |  #3  
Flag Dollard-des-Ormeaux
Thanks Meter: 64

394 posts
Donate to Me
More
A search of this forum for 4.3 root would have brought you the answer.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2538991 You can fond your solution here.

Ian
The Following User Says Thank You to w98seeng For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th June 2014, 01:30 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

636 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by w98seeng

A search of this forum for 4.3 root would have brought you the answer.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2538991 You can fond your solution here.

Ian

thank you i was kinda wary of cf auto root. i tried it on a verizon one that i had and it always failed lol. but it worked on this one! lol. i had a s3 that was verizon and updated to 4.3 and i couldn't download any aosp roms and could only install i think it was mlb. with it being rooted this way can i install any rom? and do i need to install cwm or a recovery?
4th June 2014, 02:29 AM   |  #5  
Flag GTA, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 461

1,019 posts
More
Quote:

thank you i was kinda wary of cf auto root. i tried it on a verizon one that i had and it always failed lol. but it worked on this one! lol. i had a s3 that was verizon and updated to 4.3 and i couldn't download any aosp roms and could only install i think it was mlb. with it being rooted this way can i install any rom? and do i need to install cwm or a recovery?

I just rooted yesterday again (after being on stock 4.3 touchwiz for the longest time, what a disaster). I used the CF auto-root method as well. I downloaded + flashed TWRP recovery using odin, and was all set to install AOSP roms. You can use CWM if you want but a few devs recommend TWRP so that's what I have stuck with.
4th June 2014, 04:35 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

636 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDerron

I just rooted yesterday again (after being on stock 4.3 touchwiz for the longest time, what a disaster). I used the CF auto-root method as well. I downloaded + flashed TWRP recovery using odin, and was all set to install AOSP roms. You can use CWM if you want but a few devs recommend TWRP so that's what I have stuck with.

are there any roms that you would recomend that are up kept up to date.
4th June 2014, 09:40 PM   |  #7  
Flag GTA, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 461

1,019 posts
More
Quote:

I'm using tasks aokp right now, he always provides stable and reliable releases. Quantum, SlimKat and LiquidSmooth are all ones I've enjoyed back in 4.2 days so I'm sure those are good as well

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
4th June 2014, 09:51 PM   |  #8  
Union NJ
Thanks Meter: 690

2,321 posts
More
Quote:

Also crom and validus are good choices.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
4th June 2014, 11:39 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

636 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasvncnt1

Also crom and validus are good choices.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

i flashed carbons 6-1 nightly. its running super smooth.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread