Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,077 Members 37,941 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Q: How To Root?

Tip us?

pitbullmommy45245
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default Q: How To Root?

i just got this phone and i need to know how to root lol. i'm on 4.3 and the mjb modem. is there a way to root it?

Larry2999
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbullmommy45245 View Post
i just got this phone and i need to know how to root lol. i'm on 4.3 and the mjb modem. is there a way to root it?
Yes, there are a number of ways to root on ver. 4.3. First, you could try CF-Auto Root. Doesn't always work with this version but it's worked for several people. Secondly, you could flash custom recovery via Odin and then flash the pre-rooted and de-knoxed MJ2 ROM as long as you retain your MJB bootloader and modem. You can ensure this by flashing the MJB bootloader and modem at the same time. Thirdly, you could flash TWRP custom recovery (this method doesn't always work with CWM) via Odin. Then flash SuperSU zip via custom recovery. Download and install SuperSU from the Play Store. Run it and install the binary when prompted. The fourth and my preferred method is Safe Root. This option won't trip your warranty bit in case this matters and has worked for me all the time. You can check the SafeRoot download link and installation instructions via the thread below ...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758

w98seeng
Old
Thanks Meter 64

DONATE TO ME
A search of this forum for 4.3 root would have brought you the answer.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2538991 You can fond your solution here.

Ian
GPS, Wi-Fi, A Compass, Games, Movies, Internet access, ALL I WANT TO DO IS MAKE A PHONE CALL.
The Following User Says Thank You to w98seeng For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pitbullmommy45245
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by w98seeng View Post
A search of this forum for 4.3 root would have brought you the answer.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2538991 You can fond your solution here.

Ian
thank you i was kinda wary of cf auto root. i tried it on a verizon one that i had and it always failed lol. but it worked on this one! lol. i had a s3 that was verizon and updated to 4.3 and i couldn't download any aosp roms and could only install i think it was mlb. with it being rooted this way can i install any rom? and do i need to install cwm or a recovery?

DarthDerron
Old
Thanks Meter 461
Quote:
thank you i was kinda wary of cf auto root. i tried it on a verizon one that i had and it always failed lol. but it worked on this one! lol. i had a s3 that was verizon and updated to 4.3 and i couldn't download any aosp roms and could only install i think it was mlb. with it being rooted this way can i install any rom? and do i need to install cwm or a recovery?
I just rooted yesterday again (after being on stock 4.3 touchwiz for the longest time, what a disaster). I used the CF auto-root method as well. I downloaded + flashed TWRP recovery using odin, and was all set to install AOSP roms. You can use CWM if you want but a few devs recommend TWRP so that's what I have stuck with.
Remember to thank anyone who has helped you.
Galaxy S3 SGH-i747M

pitbullmommy45245
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDerron View Post
I just rooted yesterday again (after being on stock 4.3 touchwiz for the longest time, what a disaster). I used the CF auto-root method as well. I downloaded + flashed TWRP recovery using odin, and was all set to install AOSP roms. You can use CWM if you want but a few devs recommend TWRP so that's what I have stuck with.
are there any roms that you would recomend that are up kept up to date.

DarthDerron
Old
Thanks Meter 461
Quote:
I'm using tasks aokp right now, he always provides stable and reliable releases. Quantum, SlimKat and LiquidSmooth are all ones I've enjoyed back in 4.2 days so I'm sure those are good as well

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
Remember to thank anyone who has helped you.
Galaxy S3 SGH-i747M

jasvncnt1
Old
Thanks Meter 680
Quote:
Also crom and validus are good choices.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

pitbullmommy45245
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasvncnt1 View Post
Also crom and validus are good choices.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
i flashed carbons 6-1 nightly. its running super smooth.