Share your SIM/Network Unlock method here...

4th June 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 12

64 posts
More
Hi all,

I just recently unlocked my phone and was having a hard time to find related information for my specific model when I was doing research. I believed the blame goes to different S4 model; huge variety of stock&custom firmware; carrier/ location differences; unlock method and various success rate. Therefore, I would like to create a thread and let all user who has unlocked their GS4 to share their experience (in a very brief form) by filling up the following survey. Your accurate information will definitely help future GS4 user who needs their phone unlock.

*** Please copy and paste the following and fill in your information ***

My Info:
GS4 Model: e.g. i9505
Phone Carrier: e.g. Voda
"Original" Baseband: Type *#1234# to find, put the last 3 letters/#s here. Example: I337MVLUFNC1, only NC1 here. (Rooted?)
"Current" Firmware: Are you on custom firmware? If so which one? Also put which firmware it based on like above.

Unlock Method:
Successfully unlock with Free Method: Yes/ No. (Unlock your phone without paying is consider free; so anything from secret code UTMS way to Chainfire Regionlock Away is consider free). Put down what you use/ try and if that method is successful.
Successfully unlock with Paid Method: Yes/ No. (Unlock your phone by paying; feel free to put down which website you use and how much you paid)
Do you need to "ROLL-BACK" from custom rom to stock rom: Yes/ No.
Did you test your "unlocked" phone after: Yes/No. How?

Hit "Thanks" if this mini survey helps you
4th June 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #2  
OP Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 12

64 posts
More
My Info:
GS4 Model:i337m
Phone Carrier:Rogers Wireless (Canada)
"Original" Baseband:NC1 (Rooted with CF-Auto)
"Current" Firmware:Maple Leaf (Based on NC1)

Unlock Method:
Successfully unlock with Free Method: No. Tried the secret menu code method (UTMS) and also Chainfire RegionLock Away. Both doesn't work.
Successfully unlock with Paid Method: Yes. Pick cellunlocker.net because the price is reasonable ($15USD), and also the only website that did not request you to roll back to stock rom/ unrooted.
Do you need to "ROLL-BACK" from custom rom to stock rom: No. Even though I see many users has failed to unlock until they roll-back to stock; I was able to unlock my phone on custom rom.
Did you test your "unlocked" phone after: Yes. I put in a HK sim card before unlock, and my phone asked for "Network Unlock Code". After unlock I put in the same HK sim, and my phone did not ask for the NUC, and has a Roaming signal icon on status bar, and display the correct carrier name in setting.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread