[Q] Note 3 SM-N9005 and Audio Technica ATH-S700BT Headphones Problem...

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By Pyongyang, Junior Member on 4th June 2014, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi All,

Long time lurker/member but new to posting so please go easy!

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (bought and using it in Ireland). I rooted it tonight (using the XDA tutorial video) also installed Triangle Away. No issues with any of this so far.

However today I received some Audio Technica ATH-S700BT Bluetooth headphones from an online store in Japan. Prior to rooting my device this evening, I tried powering on the headphones after charging them for a while, but the Note 3 won't detect the headphones at all during a scan. Tried a few other apps too, again, no search results.

I currently have a Samsung Gear 2 Neo paired to it and I also have an ODB-II device in the pair history that I use occasionally. These work fine.

I read somewhere that Japan uses a different Bluetooth frequency to Europe and RoW. Though would this be the cause of the problem? I believe the headphones are Bluetooth 3.0+EDR, though please find a link below to the spec sheet and a manual (in Japanese) which may help? - Product Page (Japanese) - Product Manual (Japanese)

I'm hoping I can use these with my Note 3 via Bluetooth. Can anyone help me out please?

Thanks very much in advance!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread