Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 44,573 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

NO FRONT CAMERA? :eek:

Tip us?

pyromaniac1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy NO FRONT CAMERA? :eek:

Okay so I have a droid mini XT1030. It used to be on 19.5.3. Bought it off of ebay. Everything works fine. HOWEVER there's no front cam option! and i've tried other apps which make use of the front camera and even on them it doesn't show.

So then I tried flashing 19.5.3 again using sbf+rsdlite. After that did a factory reset. The magically the front camera option was back
however when i tried to use the screen would show a purple distortion, the image would freeze and then you'd have to press back or home to get it back out.

I figured it's a hardware issue, so i got a camera replacement from ebay. After I had professionals install that, it reverted back to the state when the front camera option just isn't there anymore

I've retried flashing the firmware, flashed 19.6.3, flashed 19.5.3 and then took ota to 19.6.3...but nothing works. Please help me out someone!

gotsaved289
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromaniac1 View Post
Okay so I have a droid mini XT1030. It used to be on 19.5.3. Bought it off of ebay. Everything works fine. HOWEVER there's no front cam option! and i've tried other apps which make use of the front camera and even on them it doesn't show.

So then I tried flashing 19.5.3 again using sbf+rsdlite. After that did a factory reset. The magically the front camera option was back
however when i tried to use the screen would show a purple distortion, the image would freeze and then you'd have to press back or home to get it back out.

I figured it's a hardware issue, so i got a camera replacement from ebay. After I had professionals install that, it reverted back to the state when the front camera option just isn't there anymore

I've retried flashing the firmware, flashed 19.6.3, flashed 19.5.3 and then took ota to 19.6.3...but nothing works. Please help me out someone!
Hardware is really hard to troubleshoot online like this. It sounds like a hardwear issue to me like maybe a loose connection or something.
HTC Eris>Droid X>HTC Incredible>Droid X2>Droid Bionic>Razr Maxx>Galaxy S3>Razr Maxx>HTC Incredible 4G>Note 2>Galaxy S4>Droid Maxx>Note 3>Doid Maxx