Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Slow Nexus 7

OP msfox99

5th June 2014, 12:39 AM   |  #11  
Flag Davenport
Thanks Meter: 13

10 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by msfox99

My 2012 16 GB Nexus 7 gets vey slow over time and then I have to wipe it and do a factory restore. It has stock 4.4.2. I understand that the TRIM command was implemented in 4.3, which what was supposed to be causing the slowness. Are others still experience slow Nexus 7's even after Google supposedly fixed this? I would rather not install other ROM's

Thanks.

The auto TRIM command seems to be broken for the Nexus 7 (2012) in Kit Kat. I've experienced the same slowdown on 3 different 4.4.2 ROMs so today after loading SlimKat I decided to download the Lag Free Fix we used to have to run with 4.2 and sure enough it took a few minutes to run which indicates the TRIM was needed. Even with a fresh install the speed difference and less laggy interface was quite noticable

Try the Lag Free Fix on Google Play, it won't hurt anything and I bet you'll see a difference

BTW this is not a problem with my Galaxy SIII and Nexus 10 running Kit Kat, just the N7 2012
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread