No registration required

I am back, how y'all!?

OP litetaker

2nd June 2014, 11:14 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 96

250 posts
Donate to Me
More
apart from that ... fireball isn't completely dead (with regards to dev'ing) yet ... just the most recent dev work (kernel & rom) updates are still "behind the scenes" in coding and testing => before another release

cheers
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kimba99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2014, 11:22 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hyattsville, MD
Thanks Meter: 584

1,586 posts
More
Yay! People woke up and responded to this thread. I doubt the nexus line is dead, as it is quite a popular device, slowly gaining more traction and often sold out online. My brother told me the next Nexus device is rumored to be 5.5 inches big so I dunno. It seems odd that it will be killed off, although it is just as strange that they have not released an upgraded model for the Nexus 10. It is soo difficult to tell with Google as they are so fickle, quick with axing services and products. Hope the nexus lineup continues or at least Google Play Editions continue, it makes little sense to kill it off as it is one of Google's answer to fragmentation.

I am soon jumping ship to AT&T so that I can finally pick Google Play edition/Nexus phones! But I believe this rock solid phone being a global phone can work on AT&T? At least get 3G? What is the catch there?
3rd June 2014, 10:41 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 96

250 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by litetaker

I am soon jumping ship to AT&T so that I can finally pick Google Play edition/Nexus phones! But I believe this rock solid phone being a global phone can work on AT&T? At least get 3G? What is the catch there?

using it on another carrier _should_ be no prob, just set-up your APNs accordingly. but as for the radio:
* 4G LTE is (unfortunately) 700MHz _only_! (even if the chip itself is 4G multiband capable) = so NO worldwide usable 4G LTE >.<
* 3.5G / HSPA modes are rather instable so that it usually falls-back to regular 3G from my experience

* but those regular 3G as well as all 2.5G etc modes (GPRS / EDGE) are really stable and good for whatever usage.
The Following User Says Thank You to kimba99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th June 2014, 12:52 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 740

1,214 posts
More
http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/05...m-says-report/ may or may not be true, aside from that Kimba99 is doing a good job on Sense Roms. He's been working on it nearly everyday! Good job bud!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread