[Q] Getting status 7'd when I try to flash 4.4.3

4th June 2014, 04:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I'm with Bell Canada on Danvdh's Google play edition rom and never had an issue with any of his 4.4.2 builds but when I went to flash his newest 4.4.3 rom this morning I got hit with status 7. Just for a little additional information I'm using the newest version of cwm for my recovery and I've tweaked my build.prop to get soft buttons ... Any help/insights/advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
4th June 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,386

9,918 posts
Did you change anything else in build.prop like the model number of your device?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
4th June 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 191

1,152 posts
More
I would pull the build.prop in original form from the 4.4.2 version of the rom and replace the one you tweaked with it (if you don't have an original copy you may need to download the entire rom or ask someone in his thread for a copy. Once you have an unchanged version you should be good to go. It is all going to be wiped out once you install the 4.4.3 version unless you are trying to dirty flash..... not sure that is a good idea when jumping versions... people have done it within the same version when the developer makes changes but it isn't foolproof either....
5th June 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Did you change anything else in build.prop like the model number of your device?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Nope only added a line at the bottom to enable soft keys... There were some issues with the rom and he's going to re-upload it tonight so I'll wait on that and see if the problem is fixed. Thanks for all the help guys!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread