XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

on same rom since '12. help me update software to '14

Tip us?

suicidedoordavid
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default on same rom since '12. help me update software to '14

Can someone give me some guidance on which direction I should take here? I've been rooted (did it myself) for over 2 years and using the same Rom since late 2012.. since then I haven't been updating any because I liked the ROM. Lately the phone has been bugging a bit and I feel I need to update everything.

Attached are pics of my setups and where this phone software stands. I attempted obtaining Soff via a few different methods 5 months ago but something failed in each attempt, so I gave up and reverted back to the same Rom where I had stability.
I've been reading about different methods of updating my radios and applying a new Rom, but with so much different information out here, I've gotten confused quite easily.
Should I unroot and go back to stock to get a clean slate? And if so, what's the most up to date unroot method? Last one I saw was 2012 version.

Can someone show me the steps I need to take to avoid bricking my phone to get the latest software? I read about sense 5 a bit and that looks interesting. I also read the thread recently about the guy that purchased a used EVO LTE and his experiences. I don't know if his experience applies to my situation since his Rom looks to be newer than mine.

All help and pointers are appreciated.

Magnum_Enforcer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,910

DONATE TO ME
I would start in the thread below:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2639180

Sent from my HTC device

suicidedoordavid
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Thanks for the reply. I'll look at sense 5 and see if that's the way I want to go. I first need to get soff before doing anything.

Evolution_Freak
Old
Thanks Meter 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicidedoordavid View Post
Thanks for the reply. I'll look at sense 5 and see if that's the way I want to go. I first need to get soff before doing anything.
Consider trying this method for S-off:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2163013

It works with older software and is very easy to use. You will retain S-off if you do decide to update via RUU method as well.

Sent from my EVO LTE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
The Following User Says Thank You to Evolution_Freak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Esteban234
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default help flashing new firmware

I need help flashing the new firmware+recovery on hboot. Can someone explain how to flash the zip using hboot for me .

Evolution_Freak
Old
Thanks Meter 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban234 View Post
I need help flashing the new firmware+recovery on hboot. Can someone explain how to flash the zip using hboot for me .
All of the information you need is available by searching for it. Please search and read before asking for help. Also, remember, Google is your friend. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.

Esteban234
Old
(Last edited by Esteban234; 5th June 2014 at 01:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution_Freak View Post
All of the information you need is available by searching for it. Please search and read before asking for help. Also, remember, Google is your friend. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sorry I'm new... But I tried searching maybe I'm wording it wrong . Also if you wouldn't mind telling me if opening a cmd promt on windows while phone is in fastboot usb and typing "Fastboot flash zip" is the right way of flashing it the firmware w/recovery from captain throwbacks forum.Thanks in advance!