FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

did something dumb...

247 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By jrobinsky, Senior Member on 4th June 2014, 03:17 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have the mk2 version of the galaxy s4. I had a rom installed using safe strap. I am planning on selling the phone to someone so i wanted to put it back to stock before I give it to them. When i loaded the default partition and ran the stock rom when I tried to do the newest update it kept failing. So I unrooted my phone and went into safestrap and deleted the 2nd partition I would not be using. I also did a factory reset and wiped everything else. Now when I tried to reboot the phone it is stock on the screen that says Samsung and says samsung with a lock. It will not go past there. PLEASE HElp!!

4th June 2014, 03:19 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
also when I do hold volume up, power and the home screen I see a flash of blue at the top left of the screen like it would go to recovery but it just resets and gets stuck.
4th June 2014, 03:34 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
In before the lock

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th June 2014, 04:00 AM |#4  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 2,699

Donate to Me
More
lmao at guy above^

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app
4th June 2014, 04:08 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
ODIN will solve my problem.
4th June 2014, 04:21 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobinsky

ODIN will solve my problem.

i like thor better but odin will work. but if you need something magical, best go with loki.
4th June 2014, 10:45 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
If I'm not mistaken, you should just be able to flash "MK2VZW-downgrade4rooting-AIOdin-gogolie.rar" from the "4.x to 4.4.2 SAFEUp&Downgrade w Root n SafeStrap feat. 1File/Flash&Done!MK2-NC2/NC5" thread in ODIN and you'll be back to stock MK2 without root. From there you can do whatever, root it, leave it as is, upgrade to NC5, etc.

(anti-spam system won't let me use URL links, sorry!)
4th June 2014, 12:38 PM |#8  
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 844

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobinsky

I have the mk2 version of the galaxy s4. I had a rom installed using safe strap. I am planning on selling the phone to someone so i wanted to put it back to stock before I give it to them. When i loaded the default partition and ran the stock rom when I tried to do the newest update it kept failing. So I unrooted my phone and went into safestrap and deleted the 2nd partition I would not be using. I also did a factory reset and wiped everything else. Now when I tried to reboot the phone it is stock on the screen that says Samsung and says samsung with a lock. It will not go past there. PLEASE HElp!!

need to post this in Q&A forum thread
5th June 2014, 01:37 AM |#9  
Flag Forest City, NC
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob

need to post this in Q&A forum thread

Agreed
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread