Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,643 Members 39,724 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] root question

Tip us?

chkrootkit
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Cool [Q] root question

Can anyone confirm if Android 4.4 with build # 14.3.A.0.757 cant be rooted for now?

funky0308
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4946

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chkrootkit View Post
Can anyone confirm if Android 4.4 with build # 14.3.A.0.757 cant be rooted for now?
Please do not open new threads for something trivial like this.

It can be rooted, not directly but it's rootable.

You have million of threads with that subject.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
What is THIS? > http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2711982 are you so lazy to find it?

3 steps > Downgrade to .534 via Flashtool, Install DualRecovery, then follow the steps from the link starting from the line How to Update to .757.

Still your Android 4.4 not rooted, then you are very lazy!
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Alex Tan Hao Nam
Old
Thanks Meter 4
downgrade to 534 install beta or new dual recovery by Nut and directly flash 757 zip on your Z1 and do not reboot go back to main recovery screen and click reboot button~>power off and flash stripped 757 ftf via flashtool

Sent from my C6903 Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk

chkrootkit
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Tan Hao Nam View Post
downgrade to 534 install beta or new dual recovery by Nut and directly flash 757 zip on your Z1 and do not reboot go back to main recovery screen and click reboot button~>power off and flash stripped 757 ftf via flashtool

Sent from my C6903 Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk

So vroot is not recommended anymore? instead i will LOCKEDdualrecovery?

chkrootkit
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
So vroot is not recommended anymore? instead i will LOCKEDdualrecovery?

Hi im on a .534 [NUT] FW and i installed lockeddualrecovery [Z1-lockeddualrecovery2.7.123-BETA.installer] flash this file C6903_14.3.A.0.757.flashable, power off. when i turn it on it bootloop, so i reflash it again back to .534 NUT did the recovery wipe cache dalvik, power off and it still boot loops. Any ideas how to fix this?

gregbradley
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3730
Quote:
Hi im on a .534 [NUT] FW and i installed lockeddualrecovery [Z1-lockeddualrecovery2.7.123-BETA.installer] flash this file C6903_14.3.A.0.757.flashable, power off. when i turn it on it bootloop, so i reflash it again back to .534 NUT did the recovery wipe cache dalvik, power off and it still boot loops. Any ideas how to fix this?
Yes, look in the other thread where you posted this same question

Please stop spamming the forum

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1209

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Do I said to follow the instructions? Yes, I did. Did you follow them? No. Then read again.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chkrootkit
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
It work

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app