[Q] Verizon G2 with AT&T Sim card help!

OP mluciotti

5th June 2014, 04:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Elkridge
Thanks Meter: 9

61 posts
More
Hey all. Sooo I recently obtained an unlocked verizon G2 and am using my ATT sim card in it. I absolutely hate it, primarily because I miss my 4G LTE. So I am supposed to be trading for an S4 tomorrow and just wanted to clarify something:

The guy that gave me the phone said to not factory reset it or it will need a Verizon sim card to boot up. Is this true? This is my first experience with an unlocked phone.

If it is true, is there an alternate way I can erase all my content before trading this phone away that doesn't involve a factory reset?

Thanks!
5th June 2014, 01:44 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,485

2,538 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mluciotti

Hey all. Sooo I recently obtained an unlocked verizon G2 and am using my ATT sim card in it. I absolutely hate it, primarily because I miss my 4G LTE. So I am supposed to be trading for an S4 tomorrow and just wanted to clarify something:

The guy that gave me the phone said to not factory reset it or it will need a Verizon sim card to boot up. Is this true? This is my first experience with an unlocked phone.

If it is true, is there an alternate way I can erase all my content before trading this phone away that doesn't involve a factory reset?

Thanks!

yes that is true but you can still factory reset and use this guide to bypass the dumb Verizon sim activation
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread