[Q] Google Wallet with a locked bootloader

OP Poland Fun

29th May 2014, 09:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I have been cursed with an Verizon S3 with a NC1 version with a locked boot-loader. I odined back one version, rooted, then upgraded so it would stop bothering me, and am now interested in getting Google wallet's tap to pay working. Now I know that through modifying the build you can install wallet and through xposed modules you can trick Google wallet into staying on the device. Unfortunately the phone appears to also be missing the NFC libraries for such a transaction. The solutions I have found online so far have all required sprint NFC libraries to be flashed on your device, but unfortunately I have a locked boot-loader which prevents me from doing so.

Is there anyway to get the requisite libraries loaded unto the S3 without flashing them. Some manual way which would enable Google wallet to work?
30th May 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #2  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 532

915 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poland Fun

I have been cursed with an Verizon S3 with a NC1 version with a locked boot-loader. I odined back one version, rooted, then upgraded so it would stop bothering me, and am now interested in getting Google wallet's tap to pay working. Now I know that through modifying the build you can install wallet and through xposed modules you can trick Google wallet into staying on the device. Unfortunately the phone appears to also be missing the NFC libraries for such a transaction. The solutions I have found online so far have all required sprint NFC libraries to be flashed on your device, but unfortunately I have a locked boot-loader which prevents me from doing so.

Is there anyway to get the requisite libraries loaded unto the S3 without flashing them. Some manual way which would enable Google wallet to work?

Is it a recovery flash? If it is just use safestrap.
31st May 2014, 02:08 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 16

77 posts
Pretty sure you can unzip that file and copy all the file to the correct places in your system folder fix permissions and reboot

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
5th June 2014, 03:50 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Sorry for the delay. Thanks for your help. Ill try manually putting in the files first. I am not looking forward to installing Safe-Strap just for Google wallet (I don't see any good ROMS which are Safe-Strap compatible for TW).
5th June 2014, 06:30 AM   |  #5  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 532

915 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poland Fun

Sorry for the delay. Thanks for your help. Ill try manually putting in the files first. I am not looking forward to installing Safe-Strap just for Google wallet (I don't see any good ROMS which are Safe-Strap compatible for TW).

If for some reason you can't use a file explorer to copy the files over I'm sure you could do a adb push.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread