Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,302 Members 50,782 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New firmware (17.1.1.A.0.402) certified for Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z2 Tablet

Tip us?

donalgodon
Old
Thanks Meter 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyokoN View Post
Maybe this is 4.4.3 update.
Sony waits Google to certificate the update, so once they certificated Z2 will get 4.4.3 soon
http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/05/15...t-android-4-3/
No chance that this is 4.4.3 since the Nexus images are just now hitting the servers.

Zero chance.
PHONE: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900)
ROM: [KitKat][4.4.2] Stock N900UBUDND1 APR 17, 2014 CF-Auto-Root
RADIO: N900UBUDNC1
KERNEL: Stock
RECOVERY: CWM 6.0.4.7
WARRANTY BIT: 1

TABLET: Kindle Fire HD 8.9 Stock

Quote:
“He who answers a matter before he hears it, It is folly and shame to him.” Proverbs 18:13

hush66
Old
Thanks Meter 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvind Jain View Post
Greetings from India!

Last week I purchased Xperia Z2 with this firmware 17.1.1.A.0.402. The thing is from the date of purchase, am trying to boot my cell into Recovery. I have tried all possible ways (i.e. via key combination and via ADB - "Boot into Recovery Mode") but all in vain.

I also tried every available options to perform the below tasks ..

1. Root my cell.
2. Take Back-ups of my TA and DRM Keys.
3. Tried to Unlock the Bootloader. (not tried with the official Sony's method)

... but didn't succeeded in anything.

Could someone tell me if this Firmware is supposed to be like that i.e. can't perform any action or am I doing something wrong.

Regards.
You need to first unlock your bootloader (via the official Sony method).

Then you can install recovery (and root) via this method:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2702001

There is currently no way to backup your TA and DRM keys. That would require root on a locked bootloader, but there currently isn't a way to achieve root on locked bootloaders.
The Following User Says Thank You to hush66 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Arvind Jain
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hush66 View Post
You need to first unlock your bootloader (via the official Sony method).

Then you can install recovery (and root) via this method:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2702001

There is currently no way to backup your TA and DRM keys. That would require root on a locked bootloader, but there currently isn't a way to achieve root on locked bootloaders.
Thank you very much hush66 for clearing my queries. Would you suggest me to wait some time n see if in future we could find a way to gain root on a locked bootloaders for Z2 and can you please tell me why my cell is not booting into 'Recovery Mode'?

Thanks n regards.

hush66
Old
Thanks Meter 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvind Jain View Post
Thank you very much hush66 for clearing my queries. Would you suggest me to wait some time n see if in future we could find a way to gain root on a locked bootloaders for Z2 and can you please tell me why my cell is not booting into 'Recovery Mode'?

Thanks n regards.
It really depends on what you want to do with root / recovery. If what you want to do is not really essential, then just wait (like me).

Like I said, for now, you need to unlock the bootloader first before you can flash recovery. That's why you cannot boot into 'Recovery Mode' now.
The Following User Says Thank You to hush66 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Devzz
Old
(Last edited by Devzz; 4th June 2014 at 03:58 AM.) Reason: Solved?
Thanks Meter 17
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone here could tell me what the official length of support for the Xperia Z line is please? Obviously I got the Z2 but after reading about Xperia and how Sony properly over the past few weeks, I see they said they are now to release a new phone/flagship every 6 months, I have a feeling I *may* have made a mistake getting this phone in that case! Unless Sony has a 18-24 month support I don't see why I should keep a phone that may be redundant in the next 10 months regardless of development support.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Nevermind, found the answer

babolbat
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Root

Hello everybody, any news about root the Last version 17.1.1.A.0.402? I've upgraded but i wanna hide the soft Keys and I need root!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devzz View Post
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone here could tell me what the official length of support for the Xperia Z line is please? Obviously I got the Z2 but after reading about Xperia and how Sony properly over the past few weeks, I see they said they are now to release a new phone/flagship every 6 months, I have a feeling I *may* have made a mistake getting this phone in that case! Unless Sony has a 18-24 month support I don't see why I should keep a phone that may be redundant in the next 10 months regardless of development support.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Nevermind, found the answer

hush66
Old
Thanks Meter 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by babolbat View Post
Hello everybody, any news about root the Last version 17.1.1.A.0.402? I've upgraded but i wanna hide the soft Keys and I need root!
You can unlock your bootloader if you really need root now. For locked bootloaders, still no root exploit found but the developers are working on it.

Arvind Jain
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hush66 View Post
It really depends on what you want to do with root / recovery. If what you want to do is not really essential, then just wait (like me).

Like I said, for now, you need to unlock the bootloader first before you can flash recovery. That's why you cannot boot into 'Recovery Mode' now.
Thank you Hush!