Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Hong Kong 32GB n9005 and PIT

OP Journyman16

28th January 2014, 01:56 AM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bendigo
Thanks Meter: 238

536 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralFire

2nd link in my signature.
Follow it to step 6. Then flash whatever ROM you want. Make sure your phone is 32 gigs or more. Won't work on 16 gb version.

Quote:

You need the international pit file in your phone. Flashing the CSC file will put that pit in your phone. It won't touch the bootloader or the system files.

I just looked at your post again - I realise I might have a wrong idea. Although the leaked ROM is KK, I was assuming flashing the CSC would upgrade my phone - is that the case or can I use your 6 steps just to change my PIT and then do the 4.3 RDLV process to have a root 4.3 phone?

Downloading it now - started with the torrent but that's running slow; I will let it run to completion to maybe help some others get it faster but I've got the Storage Cow one running as well. We'll see which one arrives first Either way I'll leave it seeding.
Last edited by Journyman16; 28th January 2014 at 02:01 AM.
28th January 2014, 06:20 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 211

463 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journyman16

I just looked at your post again - I realise I might have a wrong idea. Although the leaked ROM is KK, I was assuming flashing the CSC would upgrade my phone - is that the case or can I use your 6 steps just to change my PIT and then do the 4.3 RDLV process to have a root 4.3 phone?

Downloading it now - started with the torrent but that's running slow; I will let it run to completion to maybe help some others get it faster but I've got the Storage Cow one running as well. We'll see which one arrives first Either way I'll leave it seeding.

Yeah, you should be able to.

I tried flashing the MK2 ROM after flashing that CSC. It worked perfectly. But then I upgraded to kitkat. So I can't test JB stuff anymore.
Last edited by FeralFire; 28th January 2014 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Wrong post.
28th January 2014, 07:47 AM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bendigo

536 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yeah, you should be able to.
I tried flashing the MK2 ROM after flashing that CSC. It worked perfectly. But then I upgraded to kitkat. So I can't test JB stuff anymore.

Well, it let me flash the vega BTU MK2 ROM but now there's a wifi problem. Still waiting for cygwin to download so I can RDLV on the XSA ROM. There seems to be some kind of conflict between BTU and Australian settings. Says to turn on wireless and actually finds my SSID's but then doesn't connect properly. le sigh...
29th January 2014, 08:24 AM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bendigo

536 posts
Donate to Me
More
Well it's been coming up to 24 hours with no phone but I seem to have found my way.

The problem seems to have been a mismatch between BL, CSC and PIT. In trying to get off the Hong Kong set up I wound up with a ZHU BL, BTU CSC and XSA CP and AP. It worked but I had no wifi. tried a few things to get it working and in trying to flash an XSA CSC (I think it was XSA) I got the Knox bit change. With no wifi I thought maybe the problem was the BUT-based CP needed changing. In trying to fix that, somehow I triggered Knox

I tried DL & Install of Omega 6 (it's a 4.3 - not ready to go KK yet) but although it completed nicely (so many ROM's got hidden or system errors in Odin) the phone didn't start. I tried installing Philz so I could run things from the extSDcard but an XSA wouldn't work nor would anything I had below MJ7. Last Phone Info view I had I still had a ZHU CP, even though AP and CSC were XSA-based.

Finally I got the MJ7 ROM from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...e-odex-bl-free and it did the trick.

It's been a learning experience but I'd be happier if I knew for sure both what triggered the Knox bit (I was being very careful about it) and why some of the other ROM installs simply didn't work.
5th June 2014, 07:43 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 6

35 posts
Resurrecting this one because I'm looking for info on flashing my 32G HK Note 3, but it came with KK pre-installed. So I'm not sure what differences I have to be aware of. Any tips?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread