[Q] Sleep of Death maybe?

OP xMorpheus

5th June 2014, 04:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9

322 posts
More
Have had my Note for almost 2 yrs now, rooted many times. Had the motherboard replaced and currently on extended warranty.
Problem is I have been experiencing sleep of death (phone randomly turns off). There is no frequency to this SOD. Sometimes it happens everyday sometimes in a few days. I thought maybe its a fault stock ROM so I rooted and flashed a custom but the problem is that the problem still exists.
So my question is do you think that the new hardware is causing the problem? If yes can i get it replaced since I am on extended warranty? Ofcourse after unrooting and going back to stock.
But I fear that they will just send it back incase they dont see it happen
5th June 2014, 08:08 AM   |  #2  
Flag Jakarta City
Thanks Meter: 516

838 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMorpheus

Have had my Note for almost 2 yrs now, rooted many times. Had the motherboard replaced and currently on extended warranty.
Problem is I have been experiencing sleep of death (phone randomly turns off). There is no frequency to this SOD. Sometimes it happens everyday sometimes in a few days. I thought maybe its a fault stock ROM so I rooted and flashed a custom but the problem is that the problem still exists.
So my question is do you think that the new hardware is causing the problem? If yes can i get it replaced since I am on extended warranty? Ofcourse after unrooting and going back to stock.
But I fear that they will just send it back incase they dont see it happen

Hello.

I used to share the same SOD problem. even though at that time my device was still brand new with 4.0.4 ICS. When I went to CS to complain, all they did were a factory reset. After just 1 day, the problem came back. My wife who bought the same phone also experienced the same problem. we're at loss that time and I even considered selling it. But one day, my device heats up so much that it spoiled the speaker, and I furiously went back to the CS and really gave them a piece of my mind. They replaced the broken parts and also gave me a new battery. ever since then, no more problems.

In case of my wife's, the SOD persists untill I decided to flash her a custom rom Ultimate JB and combined with speedmod's and the problem disappears.

What I was trying to say is, it's possible from the hardware AND Battery (as in my case) Or also from ROM/Kernel Related problem (As in my wife's case) Hers still have SOD's but after a few battery cycle, it srated to lessen n lessen n it hasn't happened in the last 6 months. (Ours also almost 2 years)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread