FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

CM, Micromax and OnePlus – Sales Ban Lifted

It’s less than a week since our recent in-depth analysis of the legal battle over the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Sense 5 is BAD for high speed downloading.

OP Sujan Baruah

21st May 2014, 05:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Tezpur
Thanks Meter: 8

67 posts
More
Its not just a speculation from my end. I have seen this happen way too many times on Sense 5 and never while on AOSP (4.4.2 mostly).
What happens is whenever i use any torrent app or any downloading app like ADM (that uses multiple links to download, just like IDM in windows) the phone just freezes after about 5 minutes tops. It mostly occurs after a certain temperature is reached (45+ mostly) which as you all know is kinda a norm for our phone. After restart if i try again then the phone freezes under 2 minutes. This goes on for ever. Basically, a total nonsense for downloading.
Just yesterday i flashed OmniRom KK and have downloaded over 5GB (continuous 3-4 hours at a stretch) both using ADM and nTorrent and no freeze whatsover.
Moral: Ditch Sense if you are a downloader. Period.
21st May 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #2  
OP Member
Flag Tezpur

67 posts
More
I have used everything from EvolutionHD to ARHD to ViperRom to BladeElite to Stock Sense 5. As for AOSP i have tried this theory on OmniRom (currently on it), AOSB, CM11, AOSPA, SlimBean, etc. Downloading is just SH*T on Stock based rom.
23rd May 2014, 02:03 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 641

1,997 posts
More
Yes i had the same problem. Phone was always rebooting... Stick with aosp roms my suggestion they are updated and run great

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk
23rd May 2014, 03:20 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Tezpur

67 posts
More
Yeah.... Have downloaded over 20GB in 3 days.... no problem whatsoever
4th June 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 198

88 posts
Hm. I've torrented on Sense 5 from time to time (on Viper 4.0.6, using the Flud bittorrent client) and don't recall having issues like this. At worst I've had HTTP downloads hang at times, but heavy downloading itself doesn't seem to be an issue.
5th June 2014, 01:35 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Tezpur

67 posts
More
What speed do you get? Mind you, negligible speeds give no problem but only when the speed takes up most of the bandwidth of the I/O scheduler. In 4.4 the phone will slow down but at least it won't turn off.
5th June 2014, 10:11 AM   |  #7  
Flag Psynation
Thanks Meter: 24

279 posts
More
never had any issues on sense since 2 yrs now... max file i have downloaded is around 1.5gb with speeds of upto 1mbps downloads

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread