[Q] (Q) (SPRINT) HTC One M7 Sim unlock help!

OP daveleed

30th May 2014, 01:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
I've tried holding off as long as I could before posting here, and I've read SOOO much. First off, you guys are amazing and I absolutely love this community. So here is the background

I have a HTC One M7 from Sprint and I became fed up with their service and wanted to bring my phone with me. They said they could not unlock my phone, and I decided I could do it myself. I'm trying to get my phone to work with Cricket Mobile and I had to jump through some hoops to get to this point.

I was running 4.4.2, downgraded to 4.1.2 (Sense 5.0) - Firewater and myself went a few rounds...lol
I've unlocked bootloader/rooted the phone, S-Off
I installed the Sim Unlocker App from Viper (Very neat utility, thank you viper <3)

and here lies my problem.

I run the app, give it SU permission and scroll down and hit Sim Lock, phone freezes up for about 10 seconds - I back out and there is no log of it (even after reboot) - when I put my Cricket sim into the phone, it doesn't say Sim Lock or anything, but nothing is switched over. I go into my Settings/About/Phone and the phone number is my sprint number (matter of fact, everything is set to sprint still...)

I've switched it to CDMA/GSM/EVDO preferred, CDMA Only, GSM Only, and they don't work. I try to do the "Activate this Device" in settings and it doesn't work.

I'm honestly stuck at this point and can't find anything to help me out. I'm wondering if I have to use something like QPST and change some settings?

If anyone can give me some suggestions or point me in the right direction, I would be forever appreciative.

Thanks in advance

(Also, Mods, if this is in the wrong forum, I apologize!)

ETA: Could it be that the phone is still "active" with sprint? My account IS disconnected from them. Or maybe a blacklisted ESN? I've no clue...

ETA 2 - Would it helped if I flashed it with a Cricket RUU?
Last edited by daveleed; 30th May 2014 at 01:42 AM. Reason: More info
5th June 2014, 09:43 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveleed

I've tried holding off as long as I could before posting here, and I've read SOOO much. First off, you guys are amazing and I absolutely love this community. So here is the background

I have a HTC One M7 from Sprint and I became fed up with their service and wanted to bring my phone with me. They said they could not unlock my phone, and I decided I could do it myself. I'm trying to get my phone to work with Cricket Mobile and I had to jump through some hoops to get to this point.

I was running 4.4.2, downgraded to 4.1.2 (Sense 5.0) - Firewater and myself went a few rounds...lol
I've unlocked bootloader/rooted the phone, S-Off
I installed the Sim Unlocker App from Viper (Very neat utility, thank you viper <3)

and here lies my problem.

I run the app, give it SU permission and scroll down and hit Sim Lock, phone freezes up for about 10 seconds - I back out and there is no log of it (even after reboot) - when I put my Cricket sim into the phone, it doesn't say Sim Lock or anything, but nothing is switched over. I go into my Settings/About/Phone and the phone number is my sprint number (matter of fact, everything is set to sprint still...)

I've switched it to CDMA/GSM/EVDO preferred, CDMA Only, GSM Only, and they don't work. I try to do the "Activate this Device" in settings and it doesn't work.

I'm honestly stuck at this point and can't find anything to help me out. I'm wondering if I have to use something like QPST and change some settings?

If anyone can give me some suggestions or point me in the right direction, I would be forever appreciative.

Thanks in advance

(Also, Mods, if this is in the wrong forum, I apologize!)

ETA: Could it be that the phone is still "active" with sprint? My account IS disconnected from them. Or maybe a blacklisted ESN? I've no clue...

ETA 2 - Would it helped if I flashed it with a Cricket RUU?

I found the solution to my problem. Had to switch pref network in *#*#info#*#* to GSM/WCDMA/LTE and then head to settings>mobile data>Network Mode change to GSM/UMTS Only

I feel stupid.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread