Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,000 Members 38,352 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Looking for a Scandinavian keyboard case but having hell :(

Tip us?

lindadhnorman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Looking for a Scandinavian keyboard case but having hell :(

First any recommendations for good cases that can go 360 or rotate, or are generally great. Also any Bluetooth keyboard that can be combined with previous good cases. I need one in Scandinavian format. Also a reliable seller for a 128GB microSD card. Basically EVERYTHING I could need with my new pro 12.2 that will be here on wed.

Tintinnuntius
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I cannot give you any recommendations for integrated keyboards. I'm using Logitech K810 which is about the same width as the tablet and has backlit keys, a long battery life and micro usb charging port. My tablet is in a KLD KA case, which serves as a stand in landscape mode. Part of the case protrudes from under the tablet and provides a perfect resting place for the keyboard.

I just throw the keyboard in my bag in a separate case. I don't need a physical keyboard at all times so I don't want to have it permanently attached to the tablet case. It would get in the way when I'm taking handwritten notes. I also use this keyboard with other devices since this particular model can be paired to three different devices at the same time and allows for instant switching between them.

If you'd be willing to go for a separate keyboard you could probably find a lot of cheaper alternatives in local stores. I've seen a nice one on display in the Phone House in Stockholm's Central Station and I imagine Media Markt would have several on display. I figure situation would be much the same in other Scandinavian countries.

On the software side I'd recommend External Keyboard Helper to use with whichever hardware keyboard you'll end up choosing. You can select any language you want, including Scandinavian languages, of course, and it prevents the onscreen keyboard from poping up while your bluetooth keyboard is in use. It can detect it automatically and switch from other keyboards as soon as you connect.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Also, I quite like the case I mentioned because it's very slim and well made, but it does not rotate or act as a stand in portrait mode. It also stinks very strongly of glue. The smell is only beginning to wear off after two weeks. I ordered the black one but it's really more of a very dark brown and the inside is a light tan colour. It arrived from China in one week though and it only cost 13 euros.