No registration required

[Q] Camera/SDCard FS Emulation

OP FelixNZ

5th June 2014, 11:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Hi all,

So in order to try out JCase's PIE root method, I used RSLite to roll back from 19.6.3 to 19.5.3, unfortunately I didn't realise that this was a full reflash, and because I was in too much of a hurry to try get root, I ended up wiping a bunch of photos of my recent trip that I hadn't backed up (Along with other things, but nothing else as important as the photos).

Now I've gone through WarTickler's recovery method by using busybox and netcat to transfer a copy of the userdata block off of the phone, then mount it up in windows and attempt to use recovery software to browse and recover stuff - the problem is, All I can see are some very large oddly named things - How exactly does the Mini/Maxx/Ultra store the separate types of user data?
I know that when you connect the phone via usb you switch modes and can get completely different filesystems for media/downloads and camera storage - are these separate virtual disks under the userdata area? it would possibly explain the large odd looking things showing up under the recovery software if so.. although I'm not sure how to proceed from here...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread