Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] P3100 can't make or receive calls after official update. What to do?

OP Win_Killer

2nd June 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
The provider specific SIM menu is available, but the tablet shows no signal. Even when it shows one, the signal disappears the moment I try to make a call or am about to receive one. The caller can still hear ringing while the tablet lists the call as missed call.

My father's Galaxy Tab 2 7" automatically tried updating through wifi but failed (I presume), and the SIM functions stopped working.

After many attempts I updated it through OTA to the latest firmware, shown as PDA:NA3 / PHONE:LK1 / CSC:NB1 (INU) in Kies, and the Android version was listed as 4.1.2., but the problem persisted.

I tried to wipe cache. It didn't sort the problem.

Then I Installed CWM 6.0.7 and Cyanogenmod 10.1 (JB 4.2.2) using this tutorial: wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_p3100

Still it can't make or receive calls.
Baseband version is listed as p3100ddclk1

What to do?
Is this a hardware or firmware problem?
Last edited by Win_Killer; 2nd June 2014 at 05:27 PM.
5th June 2014, 11:51 AM   |  #2  
Flag Mathura
Thanks Meter: 15

66 posts
More
Hey brother,
Even I am facing the same order on my tab but in a different way. I can recieve signal for the carrier Tata Docomo but other carrier are showing any sign of life
But sometimes while on tata docomo , I lost signals while using data or when I got a call. And one more thing, I was on a trip to a hill station and there I was getting signals from Vodafone perfectly (my main service provider). But when I came back from there I ain't receiving any peice of signals from vodafone and Docomo is working as usual with few network losses during the day.

PS.- I ain't received any solution yet, still sticking up with that problem.
PPS.- The tab I brought is in used condition with the fact that the tab has that problem in it. (I need not to pay much lol)

Btw I think if we can flash new firmware (official) with odin with modem file, It may sokve our problem. TRY FLASHING FIRMWARE, I cant as I am low on speed
Last edited by xanubhavx; 5th June 2014 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Extra suggestion
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread