Rooting is always an option, but why not make it with Google's way
Following Steps/Suggestions should do the job -
- Try disabling some default apps like Google Play Music, Play Movies, Play Books, Play Games (if on a newer firmware), Samsung Apps, Samsung account etc. But do not disable basic apps (although you wont be able to disable some).
- Do not clear memory from the task manager, if done so, things might slow up. (I eventually forgot the presence of such app :P).
- It is not recommended to use task killer type apps.
- If you wish to use antivirus, use TrustGo, its a memory efficeient and a good antivirus.
- It is not recommended to use the Facebook app (although the latest one is quite good). Use the messenger instead.
- Keep only apps that are necessary. Do not keep useless app or remove such apps if it becomes useless from time to time.
- Avoid keeping too many widgets in the Homescreen
- Smoother and quite lag free User Interface
- You will be less annoyed
- Games will be more smoother (Example - Temple Run 2 lags a lot when run in normal set up, but after optimizing the phone with respect to this post, it was almost lag free and huge scores can be easily made. Same goes for FIFA 14).
Q. Too many sacrifices? Why?
Ans. Don't forget you are using a low end android. Want better performance without such sacrifices, spend more bucks and get a better android or root your phone
If I have helped, please give vote of thanks