Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,319 Members 51,341 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Make your non-rooted Samsung Galaxy Star 'faster'

Tip us?

AvinabaDalal
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Default Make your non-rooted Samsung Galaxy Star 'faster'

Well, our Samsung Galaxy Star is a low end phone, initially it runs well (as it seems ) but eventually android experience becomes AWFUL. Like the phone app takes about 5-10s time to open, and then after calling it takes 4-5s to initiate the call, which is really annoying. It falters even in the basic functionalities of a phone. So things need to be faster.

Rooting is always an option, but why not make it with Google's way

Following Steps/Suggestions should do the job -
  1. Try disabling some default apps like Google Play Music, Play Movies, Play Books, Play Games (if on a newer firmware), Samsung Apps, Samsung account etc. But do not disable basic apps (although you wont be able to disable some).
  2. Do not clear memory from the task manager, if done so, things might slow up. (I eventually forgot the presence of such app :P).
  3. It is not recommended to use task killer type apps.
  4. If you wish to use antivirus, use TrustGo, its a memory efficeient and a good antivirus.
  5. It is not recommended to use the Facebook app (although the latest one is quite good). Use the messenger instead.
  6. Keep only apps that are necessary. Do not keep useless app or remove such apps if it becomes useless from time to time.
  7. Avoid keeping too many widgets in the Homescreen

Result -
  • Smoother and quite lag free User Interface
  • You will be less annoyed
  • Games will be more smoother (Example - Temple Run 2 lags a lot when run in normal set up, but after optimizing the phone with respect to this post, it was almost lag free and huge scores can be easily made. Same goes for FIFA 14).

Q. Too many sacrifices? Why?
Ans. Don't forget you are using a low end android. Want better performance without such sacrifices, spend more bucks and get a better android or root your phone

If I have helped, please give vote of thanks

T3snake
Old
Thanks Meter 406
If u really get annoyed really angry u dont have to continue getting pissed
Instead rooting will solve 90 % and much less sacrifices
Rooting is easier than optimizing unrooted
And warranty? Bah who cares about that.
So there is NO advantage of keeping this phone unrooted
Actually its safer when rooted. The urge to throw away the phone to oblivion will end

Anyway this postatleast helps the ppl who dont want to root but do evrything else
Also a lot of unrooted users reported tht greenify wrks havent tried though

Sent from my GT-S5282 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

And never use messenger it will hunt ur phone down to the slowest garbage on earth
There is a great fb alternative gonna post it in app section

Real Men(Contributors) Dont Need To Ask For Thanks. They will get it For a Job well Done
-T3Snake

GLtools 1.29 [Graphic Optimizer]
Own:

Samsung Galaxy Star - GT-S5282
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 - SM-T211

My Work:
The Following User Says Thank You to T3snake For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sharmsy
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3snake View Post
If u really get annoyed really angry u dont have to continue getting pissed
Instead rooting will solve 90 % and much less sacrifices
Rooting is easier than optimizing unrooted
And warranty? Bah who cares about that.
So there is NO advantage of keeping this phone unrooted
Actually its safer when rooted. The urge to throw away the phone to oblivion will end

Anyway this postatleast helps the ppl who dont want to root but do evrything else
Also a lot of unrooted users reported tht greenify wrks havent tried though

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

And never use messenger it will hunt ur phone down to the slowest garbage on earth
There is a great fb alternative gonna post it in app section

Yup he's right!! My Star's warranty is til 2015 and I don't really care about warranty etc.

Rooting is much safer than stock!!

Sharm♡♥♡♥ Android 4.1.2 [T3RomV²]

AvinabaDalal
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
I meant it for those who don't want to root their phones. I have seen a lot of people who does not want to root his/her phone, but complains about slow UI.
Although rooting is as easy as it seems, some people think the negative side of it. (Well, majority in my area).

Also, I felt messenger was a bit better than the facebook app. And often, using a 3rd party client results in security issues (rare though).

T3snake
Old
Thanks Meter 406
That post was for non rooted users who dont want to take risk (when there is none since there is no hassle for bootloader) but want their phone to work wonders.
allmost all my friends have android but only 10% are intelligent enough to google themselves understand how good rooting is
others argue about the warranty which they would never use anyway and wonder y my phone is faster than their phones which cost double of what my phone is. 50% call me an idiot but i pity them as they touch their screens for a long long time just to see the time from the lockscreen.
and most people dont know what rooting is but just assume it to be a false solution. So they defend themselves using the most invalid arguments ever. (If u root ur phone, apps will stop installing / it doesnt work / rooting only uninstalls all system apps but i want them / Touchwiz is the best i dont want to change it by rooting / I will root after warranty )
and when i tell them about features i have but they dont evry1 says because u are rooted. But noone told u not to root its your fault tht u are missing those features and my phone is more useful than yours.

Okay i guess thats enough
Real Men(Contributors) Dont Need To Ask For Thanks. They will get it For a Job well Done
-T3Snake

Own:

My Work:
psych.half Old
Thanks Meter 0
Most people think warranty is some sort of insurance or something.. They have'nt read the warranty policy nor went to a service center to claim a warranty. Infact they haven't read the first paragraph.

SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS LIMITED (hereinafter referred to as 'the company') guarantees to the purchaser that this product carries a warranty for the period mentioned below, commencing from the date of purchase. The company will repair or replace free of charge any part or parts of the product , if the defect is due to the fault material or workmanship. Warranty involves repairing of defective product/parts and does not entitle purchaser for the replacement of complete product.

So that says it, warranty doesn't apply for accidental damage or misuse of device. it only applies to manufacturation flaws.

And don't wanna read the whole warranty? Here's some points that's intresting..

THIS WARRANTY IS NOT APPLICABLE IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING CASES:
The product is not used according to instructions given in the instruction manual.
Who reads the f***ing instruction manual??

Defects caused by improper use as determined by the company personnel.
Well, yeah. define proper use then?

Site (premises where the product is kept) conditions that do not confirm to the recommended operating conditions of the machine.
Umm, i don't keep my phone near crocodiles, is that enough??

The original serial number is removed, obliterated or altered from the machine or cabinet.
But but, I only pulled the sticker..

Defects due to cause beyond control like lightning, abnormal voltage, acts of God or while in transit to service centre or purchaser's residence.
Okay, I understand lighting and voltage.. but acts of God, seriously??

And yeah, that too isn't enough. You have to pass a warranty test.
It will cost <insert some money according to your device> to test if it is a warranty issuse. If it is a warranty issue then you will only have to pay for labor, the parts will be free. If it's not a warranty issue, and the problem was caused by any other means than of manufacturation flaw, then you will have to pay for the labor plus the parts,

So, if a $5 part was damaged due to false soldering. you got warranty and you passed the warranty test ,you will be paying them 10 times of that to get it fixed. well. that's really smart of you.

T3snake
Old
Thanks Meter 406
To add to tht most people like me didnt fill up the warranty card which was supposed to be filled within 2 weeks of purchase so most probably most people are in a illusion of reassurance thinking they are safe because of warranty

-T3Snake

Own:

My Work:

saikiransama
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3snake View Post
That post was for non rooted users who dont want to take risk (when there is none since there is no hassle for bootloader) but want their phone to work wonders.
allmost all my friends have android but only 10% are intelligent enough to google themselves understand how good rooting is
others argue about the warranty which they would never use anyway and wonder y my phone is faster than their phones which cost double of what my phone is. 50% call me an idiot but i pity them as they touch their screens for a long long time just to see the time from the lockscreen.
and most people dont know what rooting is but just assume it to be a false solution. So they defend themselves using the most invalid arguments ever. (If u root ur phone, apps will stop installing / it doesnt work / rooting only uninstalls all system apps but i want them / Touchwiz is the best i dont want to change it by rooting / I will root after warranty )
and when i tell them about features i have but they dont evry1 says because u are rooted. But noone told u not to root its your fault tht u are missing those features and my phone is more useful than yours.

Okay i guess thats enough
Haha You're Right I have Seen Enough of people who dont know about rooting. some people even dont know how to use android.. they just keep asking too many questions ..
Saikiran Reddy Sama @Techtime

Micromax Unite 2 A106
[COLOR="rgb(255, 140, 0)"]Samsung Galaxy Music Duos GT-S6012[/COLOR]
http://technobiff.com
http://thetechtime.blogspot.in