Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

boot loops at recovery???

OP PATasorus

29th May 2014, 03:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
So I have done some searching but nothing I've tried help or not the same issue.
I was trying to root everything seemed to go fine. Phone reboots and now all it does is goes to a screen with blue letter at the top left that says recovery and then reboots. I've tried to power button home button volume key combo same thing happens. Phone keeps looping, so I pull the battery. As soon as I put it back in it starts looping again, even without me trying to turn it on.

Am I screwed? I have tried adb but it cant find the device, I assume because it keeps rebooting. Does Samsung have something like the HTC RUU or would that not matter because of the boot loop?

Any help would be great!

Thanks
29th May 2014, 03:55 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 166
 
452 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by PATasorus

So I have done some searching but nothing I've tried help or not the same issue.
I was trying to root everything seemed to go fine. Phone reboots and now all it does is goes to a screen with blue letter at the top left that says recovery and then reboots. I've tried to power button home button volume key combo same thing happens. Phone keeps looping, so I pull the battery. As soon as I put it back in it starts looping again, even without me trying to turn it on.

Am I screwed? I have tried adb but it cant find the device, I assume because it keeps rebooting. Does Samsung have something like the HTC RUU or would that not matter because of the boot loop?

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Most probably wrong file flashed. Look here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2466423
29th May 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosli59564

Most probably wrong file flashed. Look here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2466423

I have tried that but I cannot get into download mode or recovery. It just hits the black screen with blue text and reboots.
29th May 2014, 04:59 PM   |  #4  
Misterjunky's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bakersfield, California
Thanks Meter: 3,103
 
5,357 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up re: reboots
Quote:
Originally Posted by PATasorus

I have tried that but I cannot get into download mode or recovery. It just hits the black screen with blue text and reboots.

If you cannot get into download or recovery mode by using the
Home+VolumeDown+PowerButton or Home+VolumeUP+PowerButton
then you will need to purchase a "USB JIG" from an online store or from
eBay, it's very inexpensive $5.00 or less shipped.

You plug it into the USB port of the phone after the phone is fully
powered down. After doing that it takes less than 3 seconds for
the phone to go into "download mode" automatically.

Once its in download mode and you unplug the jig you can Odin
flash the official stock firmware/rom and have a fresh start.

I have been using a JIG for years on many models of Samsung Android
phones and it works GREAT! It even worked perfectly on a friends HTC.

Good luck!
Last edited by Misterjunky; 29th May 2014 at 05:06 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Misterjunky For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th May 2014, 05:07 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by PATasorus

I have tried that but I cannot get into download mode or recovery. It just hits the black screen with blue text and reboots.

Take the Battery out hold Vol down button and home replace battery should get you into download mode
29th May 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miketyler

Take the Battery out hold Vol down button and home replace battery should get you into download mode

Just tried that, same thing happens. Reboots.

Quote:

If you cannot get into download or recovery mode by using the
Home+VolumeDown+PowerButton or Home+VolumeUP+PowerButton
then you will need to purchase a "USB JIG" from an online store or from
eBay, it's very inexpensive $5.00 or less shipped.

You plug it into the USB port of the phone after the phone is fully
powered down. After doing that it takes less than 3 seconds for
the phone to go into "download mode" automatically.

Once its in download mode and you unplug the jig you can Odin
flash the official stock firmware/rom and have a fresh start.

I have been using a JIG for years on many models of Samsung Android
phones and it works GREAT! It even worked perfectly on a friends HTC.

Good luck!

I will look that up. Thanks!
5th June 2014, 02:04 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
The JIG did the trick. Thanks!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes